Rate this guitar tone..

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
After the whole Blekkie evening fiasco...where I had so much troubles getting some good sounds out of the ENGL Blackmore amp I called a friend and ask to spend some time here to find a descent sound atleast.
No I think we've achieved a way better sound, but weird thing is that in my DAW (MOTU 1224 in combo with Cubase) the clip doesn't show anywhere to clip, also not when exported and played in quicktime, but in iTunes I got pops and clicks everywhere. Next to that every 4th of 5th bar there's a pop cause of the loop, still need to fix that, but I first want you guys opinion about the tone of the amp now..what to fix more..

ENGL Blackmore test
ENGL Blackmore test cut at 240

I personally like the first clip. Sounds alot more ballsy, though the second clip could sound better in a mix. The tone itself was pretty good, had a nice amount of clarity to it in that it wasnt too muddy and the highs were there but not too overbearing. Maybee a slight mid- high mid scoop would have it sit better with me, you could just bring the mids on the amp down a notch i think, better to get it before tracking. Other then that, i have to say that the clip was very distant, could be that it was just low in volume, but id like to hear how this would sit in a mix.
Good job though, i like it.

Nebulous said:
I personally like the first clip. Sounds alot more ballsy, though the second clip could sound better in a mix. The tone itself was pretty good, had a nice amount of clarity to it in that it wasnt too muddy and the highs were there but not too overbearing. Maybee a slight mid- high mid scoop would have it sit better with me, you could just bring the mids on the amp down a notch i think, better to get it before tracking. Other then that, i have to say that the clip was very distant, could be that it was just low in volume, but id like to hear how this would sit in a mix.
Good job though, i like it.

Thanks..I will be mixing in some real recorded drums this afternoon/evening..results I will post here..only thing I need now is a bass track for it :)...2 bad my best bud who plays bass moved away..so can't get help out of that corner anymore.
p.s. I think this is actually a riff from Silent Night Bodom Night, atleast that's what he told me..it's just to test the tone anyway..

:kickass: