Rate this mix! No vox, but Todd Hansen of Berzerker on Drums.

God I detest keyboards:) apart from that, the only thing bugging me is the sound of the snare. Im not a big fan of snares sharing similar attributes to bass drums. Will sound better with vox most definately. Good luck with it Gav:headbang:

Cheers buddy! :D

The funny thing is this is the first snare sound i have ever achieved in a mix that i have actually liked! :lol: :D:D:D

Good to hear some new stuff from ya buddy..

Im at my mums on my laptop without cans so cant really say much about the mix. But i like the progression of the song, its well put together..

Ill get my new reference monitors Tuesday :D Ill give it a listen then..

just out of curiosity, what did ya use for guitars and drums?

Sounds great Gav!

Great melodies, great riffs, i dont have much to add... i think the hihat could be a bit looser though, sort of thin and short.
Everything sounds good though, synths.. love em! if you want me to give them a go as well let me know man.

Good to hear some new stuff from ya buddy..
Im at my mums on my laptop without cans so cant really say much about the mix. But i like the progression of the song, its well put together..
Ill get my new reference monitors Tuesday :D Ill give it a listen then..
just out of curiosity, what did ya use for guitars and drums?

Cheers bro! :D

Guitars - Jackson Rx10D with J-50-bc pickups
Reamped by Lasse through a Krankenstein and a Dual Recto
Drums - I believe todd used a Roland TD-20 with some extra stuff, i myself used DKFHS and some extra samples i had lying around for blending!
Toms are 10% DKFH Sonar toms dry as fuck! haha!

Sounds great Gav!

Great melodies, great riffs, i dont have much to add... i think the hihat could be a bit looser though, sort of thin and short.
Everything sounds good though, synths.. love em! if you want me to give them a go as well let me know man.

Keyboards are real and played by Raine Oikarinen of Random Mullet!

He uses logic synths with the Midi out of his Synth, but also a lot of these are tracked as audio from the onboard sound of his board. :D

sounds awesome! can't wait to hear it with vocals...

The drums could probably be improved with some velocity changes in the fills. But other than that it sounds smashing.

Drums are as played by todd, any editing was simply within the confines of what i would/could do with an acoustic drummer!

nice i like what i hear! in my opinion this snare sounds great sits well in the mix and not too dominant leaves enough space for everything.