RATE WHAT THE PERSON ABOVE IS LISTENING TO THREAD

I wanted to tank it because of the bad score you gave one of my songs a couple of pages back,

:devil:

but I have to admit, while the guy singing sounds like he has his jaw wired, whoever wrote the song is a good songwriter, and the muffled vocals kinda suits it.

7.75/10

Anthrax, having established two classics before, took a big chance by dishing out a skater music album. I remember this album being panned so hard when I was a kid. There were a lot of pissed off metalheads when this came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
8.25/10

Anyways, continuing with my theme. With Beneath the Remains, and my favorite, Arise, Sepultura were grabbing the reigns left behind by late 80's thrash with its thrash/death mix. However, with Chaos A.D. they started taking a different route. They began to concern themselves with their "roots" (you're the sons of SS officers, just fucking say it) and started to experiment with various tribal influences. While this album is a good album, it had several throw away songs and it just simply wasn't as good as any of its predecessors. While going on to have some mainstream appeal, this obsession with "who they are" would lead to the disaster of "Roots." Quickly, the band went down the toilet.

I actually rate Chaos AD as their best release, I think it has the right mix of new and old influences. Beneath the Remains is right up there as well, and I'd rate Arise 3rd. Agree that Roots, whilst having some good tracks, was disappointing. Lost interest after Max left.

8.5/10

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRh-8vCSRAg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRh-8vCSRAg[/ame]

6.75/10

Here, Rush falls into the synth trap of the early 80's. Having used keyboards to great effect in previous albums, they couldn't resist the urge to make them a more dominant force on "Signals." Considered a rather avant-garde album in its day, one can hear the quick decline Rush was experiencing and going to continue to experience with their heavy synth usage throughout the 80's. Subdivisions, probably their best heavy synth song, was the beginning mark of this change in direction these seasoned musicians made.