Ratt & Winger

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Who's going??

I sure am - Melbourne & Sydney shows! Can't wait to see Ratt live... and Winger is quite the added bonus as well!!!!

Tix go on sale Wednesday for $58 apparently!

Yup I'll be buying mine straight away!!!

Where is Metro and how big is it?
I'm shocked that in Melbourne, Tesla are playing the Hi Fi on their own (1000 capacity), yet Ratt & Winger together are only playing Billboard (around 700). Ratt alone could at least double Tesla's audience, and then put Winger on top of that....

The Metro is in the heart of Sydney and capacity is about 1200 or so. Really good room and great stage!

I'm a little disappointed that The Deadthings didn't score the national support for this - you guys would have been perfect for it!

Good for them if they sell out but they dont rock my world enough for me to travel. I'm sticking with Maiden for my metal adventure. Me & the wife will likely make the effort to pop our heads in at LA Guns but we'll be a little busy that night with Necromancy at Enigma Bar.:heh:

I'm not even going to LA Guns...

Yeah I know Billboard is smaller than the Hi Fi but might get close in capacity if they pack 'em in....
I hear ya Tim! We tried for it from a couple of different angles too, and I also think we would've been the perfect fit! Ratt's one of our biggest influences easily and 4 of the 5 members put them in our favourite few bands of all time. And the melodic hair-metal edge that our new album has (and we are pretty much the only sleaze band around with that edge rather than the dirty rock n roll thing) would have fit with the Winger crowd as well. I think the band that got it is more of a Motorhead influenced kinda abrasive rock'n'roll band. Fitting for LA Guns (which I think Sebas deserved the most, but The Shine got the 2nd support for here..) but not for Ratt & Winger. So it's a little disappointing but oh well - still get to see 'em twice!
Funny thing is, we got the Jeff Scott Soto support for Melbourne which is far more AOR/Melodic Rock than Ratt!

I'm gonna head up to Sydney on Friday the 9th I think, see the Sydney Soto show (might as well work 2 shows into the trip, make it even more worthwhile!), stay in Kings Cross for the weekend, see Ratt on Monday night, then head to Melbourne on Tuesday for the Melbourne Ratt show on Wednesday night! Can't wait!!

Nah definitely not a boycott or anything hehe. Just not really interested! If I hadn't already seen them (twice last year in Hollywood, both versions and opened for the one coming here) I would go for sure, but since I have I'd rather spend the extra money on seeing a 2nd Ratt show!! LA Guns were pretty good but didn't blow me away... The lineup coming here is the Phil Lewis one which is good because to me it's more important to have the original singer than the original guitarist (plus this lineup has Steve Riley on drums), but to be honest Tracii's version was probably a little better in some ways and certainly looked cooler on stage...

Phil's lineup plays a better setlist though!! Made up of pretty much all hits from the first 2 albums, with a couple of newer tracks (including the opener from Waking The Dead) thrown in as well. Whereas Tracii's lineup plays pretty much all just first album tracks and some obscure demos from before the debut that nobody knows - because the singer in his lineup is the guy who sung in them before they got signed and recorded.

One thing that was unreal though when I saw Tracii's lineup, is that coz it was the Cathouse 20th Anniversary party, as a special surprise at the end Phil actually got up with them and they finished the set with Rip & Tear with him singing (the only post-debut song they did). Shame Phil & Tracii couldn't have just re-united after that!!

Yep Sydo - Soto is touring again... Playing November 7 in Brisbane, November 8 in Melbourne (East Brunswick Hotel), and November 9 in Sydney! Just him this time not with his own backing band but with a Melbourne backing band called Storm Front, apparently top notch musicians - also backed Eric Martin this month so to pull off Sheehan & Gilbert stuff they must be killer!! I'll be at the Melbourne one of course coz we're opening, and also probably the Sydney one coz I figure it's worth working it into my Ratt trip if its only 3 days before!

They had a coupla albums in the late 90s and are working on a new one now apparently.

Just ordered mah tixx! Woohoo!

700? Holy fuckin' shit, don't think they'll last long! Gonna be packed!

And where the fuck did this "Head Inc" band come from? First the LA Guns support, now Ratt/Winger?

Head Inc. is a Faultline band. They've got more of a Motorhead/Tatts vibe than anything. Cool band in a lot of ways but I'm not sure how they fit with Ratt and Winger.

Yep Sydo - Soto is touring again... Playing November 7 in Brisbane, November 8 in Melbourne (East Brunswick Hotel), and November 9 in Sydney! Just him this time not with his own backing band but with a Melbourne backing band called Storm Front, apparently top notch musicians - also backed Eric Martin this month so to pull off Sheehan & Gilbert stuff they must be killer!!

bassist is on loan from me.

just saying... :)