Ratt

I never understood the appeal of hair metal when it was happening and, I surely don't understand why kids (late teens early 20's) are grabbing on to it now. I mean you had Maiden , Preist , Motorhead and the big 4. Why would you need Quiet Riot ? It was like metal for my sisters.

Poison w/Cinderella are coming here this summer and tickets are like 60 bucks. :puke:

aliasp said:
Ah Hair Metal

Twisted Sister - I remember my mate & I (15 years old at the time) watching a live video of theirs. Man they were shit - so shit that it was actually enjoyable ... in a shit kinda way. They had this song which has stuck in my head for eternity called `nature of the beast'. Very metal :headbang: hehehe.

Stryper - well I must confess I am a huge fan of these God fearing men (and they are taller than Dan too) and have all their albums (even their new ones). But I cringe at their old album group shots - its like hairspray gone wild.

So many other hair metal bands - Warrant, Poison, WASP (probably heavier than most mind you), Motley Crue, Skid Row.

Back to the topic - I never got into RATT ... in fact I don't even recall any of their songs...

You were/are a Stryper fan? i remember their yello spandex form yonder years.. was never a fan of the bible bashing crew though.. o_O each to there own I suppose.. dont know any Ratt songs myself either but know who they were.. .. :ill:

in your direction has a a very cool and catchy riff..it's a good riff to warm your fingers too if u play guitar. on this song i notice that robin and warren are not trying to out do themselves...their rythm sec are very different...just like guns and roses appetite of destruction album. both slash and izzy rythm sec are timed different u can seperate both slash and izzy...good album.

I also like dancing undercover too.....

I saw Ratt live once. The blew the system out at Irvine Meadows and then I had listen to drunk guy screaming Lesbian Nuns rock LA, like that was his band. Also, Bon Jovi :puke: that night

One more thing some hot chicks were looking like typical spike heal mini-skirted tramps but chicks were also showing up in like prom dresses.

Holy shit! This thread made me go check to see if I still have my Ratt N Roll CD.
Turns out I do... and it's never been opened!!!???!!! Still in the shrink-wrap. WTF? I know I listened to it. weird... *twilight zone theme*
Ratt ruled back in the day.

ThraxDude said:
Holy shit! This thread made me go check to see if I still have my Ratt N Roll CD.
Turns out I do... and it's never been opened!!!???!!! Still in the shrink-wrap. WTF? I know I listened to it. weird... *twilight zone theme*
Ratt ruled back in the day.

ratt never made it here in australia,are they worth checking out?

Riflewolf said:
That depends, WHEN did you see them?

OOTC tour with Mama's Boys and Fastway opening and also the IOYP tour. Can't remeber who opened. I had to actually sneak out of my foster-parents house for the first one:rolleyes: " Yeah, were studying for our chemistry midterm".
Some "metal chick" was giving me hard time b/c she was real metal (She had the studded leather necklace, etc.) I brought my walkman in and recorded it. Sounded like Rerun's attempt from "What's Happening".:lol:

Riflewolf said:
I heard that they replaced pearcy with this guy named jizzy pearl. Is this jizzy guy any good?

I don't know anything about Ratt, but I like Jizzy Pearl because of what he did with Love/Hate - they were a fantastic band ont their first two albums. Sorely underrated.

Stormwatch said:
I don't know anything about Ratt, but I like Jizzy Pearl because of what he did with Love/Hate - they were a fantastic band ont their first two albums. Sorely underrated.

I had 'Blackout in a Red Room' but tis no more. I thought it was decent too but can't seem to actually want to purchase it again. I keep hoping I'll run into somebody else that has it.:cool:

Oh, like you'd kick the blond on Invasion out of bed 'cause she wasn't Tawny?:lol:

I could have sworn that Tawny Kitaen was on both album covers - I don't have the two in front of me (the albums, that is, not the hot chicks), so I can't prove one way or the other. A Wikipedia search on her doesn't list her as appearing on Invasion Of Your Privacy, so I stand corrected. The old memory may have slipped a gear there - so if it did, I apologize.

That's what I thought this whole time too. ;)