Votes: 8 28.6%
  • pretty awesome

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • meh...

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • sucks

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Cinderella and Ratt were pretty much on par when they both started out. Cinderella's first two albums and Ratt's first three (incl EP) were both great rocking efforts. Cinderella went into a more bluesy direction after that while Ratt stuck to their Hair guns.

I have Cinderella's demos from the when they got signed and they were much heavier, grittier and you'd be in awe...

Yeah I've heard those Sixx, but Ratt wrote way catchier guitar riffs that were loaded with great grooves.

If you ask me they aren't even in the same league....
Cinderella was a hard rock band where Ratt was on the flashy and glammy side... Back for More is a great song, as is You're In Love and Lay it Down.... And Wanted Man!
Warren is fantastic you can't take that away from them. Crosby I think is/was overrated...

If you ask me they aren't even in the same league....
Cinderella was a hard rock band where Ratt was on the flashy and glammy side... Back for More is a great song, as is You're In Love and Lay it Down.... And Wanted Man!
Warren is fantastic you can't take that away from them. Crosby I think is/was overrated...

Crosby wasn't so much a great player as he was a great writer. He wrote most of their hits and it was his style to brought all of those catchy riffs to Ratt. Put on 81-91 and sit back and listen to how infectious the guitars are. :kickass:

Ratt's probably one of the two bands that got me interested in older metal in general - Skid Row was the other.

They are... pretty awesome, and Out of the Cellar is probably one of my top ten favorite albums ever. I didn't grow up in the 80s, but every time I listen to it, I get a nostalgic feeling.

I was really pissed with Cinderella for that but its their music:heh:

As far as Ratt is concerned..... Blotz, though considered a "journeyman" type drummer played one of the best drum solos I have ever heard. I suppose he wasn't involved in the songwriting, so he just played what was needed for Ratt, but the guy had some serious chops.

Bryant

I loved "You think you're Tough" off the initial EP. Still their best track as far as I'm concerned. They had some other great cuts on the albums, however. "Wanted Man" "Lack of Communication" "Lay it Down" ...you get the idea.

Sorry PM74, "Detonator" sucked big time. :puke:

Cinderella and Ratt were pretty much on par when they both started out. Cinderella's first two albums and Ratt's first three (incl EP) were both great rocking efforts. Cinderella went into a more bluesy direction after that while Ratt stuck to their Hair guns.

Night Songs was really the only awesome Cinderella album. They started experimenting with the blues-rock sound on their second album, and I wasn't to crazy about it, though it was decent for what it is.