Do you like Glam Metal??

My favorit Glam band ; Vinnie Vincent ; The "Invasion" album is in my top 10 ever...Great guitars, superb vocals, this record rocks !!

[ame]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=4w0YbJPdubk[/ame]

Damn, I even had some "hair" moments in the 80's, hahahaha,
OK, you can have a laugh at me this time :lol:
Well, we looked "hair", but played wild Thrash covers of
SOD, Slayer, DRI, ... but hey, our guitarist somewhere did
a super version of the "Final Countdown" guitar solo :headbang:

l_77a696ac3a4748ff89447f9ba47fe10e.jpg

Big hair metal fan here. Dokken is one of my favorite bands.

I would even say that the Theatre Of Pain era was Crue at their most Glammiest. When that album first came out I had a little trouble with their new look after being a huge fan of the first time albums. But I liked the music so I got over it. However I will say that Theatre Of Pain is my least favorite Crue album today.

well it's not my least favorite album, that's Generation Swine :puke:
But it's my least favorite album from the 80s

GLAM (Gay L.A. Metal) say no more; wasn't even metal just pop bands in makeup.Sucked only Dokken was had any redeeming value and that is because they had some talent.Everything else blew!!

• Haha
Reactions: Wyvern
I grew up on Bon Jovi and GNR and always had a good eye to some of that stuff. Today I would probably more often prefer sleaze to actual glam though.

I recently saw a documentary where they concluded that glam was more like hard rock with poppy roots and sleaze was hard rock with punky roots.

But then again I do still enjoy Def Leppard from time to time and they are about as poppy as can be :)

I think alot of the younger metal fans like to lump bands like Twisted Sitser etc in with Glam because of the looks but most of us who were around during that period knew and felt differently. I love WASP, TS, Quiet Riot, Crue (I too struggled with their "glam" look on TOP and they lost me after Girls).

Not really much into what was known as glam, I liked Cinderella's & Poison's debut, Vinnie Vincent was cool. Can't think of much else atm. Dokken never really clicked with me but a couple of their earlier songs were good. Oh yeah Ratt were alright too. I guess I mainly liked stuff that had a ballsy metal sound that you could actually bang your head to.

But as Wyv said, it was all about hair in the 80's. *shrugs*

Reactions: mdmatt4ever
I liked the glam that had the harder edge to it. Early Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, WASP (though probably not fair to call them glam, but they had one foot in that scene), Skid Row, Guns N Roses, and Whitesnake. I wasn't into the super-poppy glam bands like Poison or Warrant. White Lion was a legitimately talented band.

And, yes, my ultimate guilty pleasure- Stryper.

I liked the glam that had the harder edge to it. Early Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, WASP (though probably not fair to call them glam, but they had one foot in that scene), Skid Row, Guns N Roses, and Whitesnake. I wasn't into the super-poppy glam bands like Poison or Warrant. White Lion was a legitimately talented band.

And, yes, my ultimate guilty pleasure- Stryper.
Whitesnake, heheh, I typed Whiteskank by accident.:p
I forgot about them, they were actually my first little patch!

I remember when the first G'n'R came out and I never could get much into that or Skid Row for that matter but I was well and truely thrash crazy by then. They both released palatable songs.

White Lion was a band I could never stand, along with Stryper but I'll admit I hated Stryper simply based on their religious message alone. I will add that I do like some Xtian thrash/death & doom though and in hindsight I still dont have much time for the bumble bee boys; my brother absolutely loves them! I think he owns everything they've ever released.:erk:

bands who aren't glam but were called glam:
the following bands were just regular heavy metal with an odd image:
twisted sister
w.a.s.p.
lizzy borden

the following bands were just hard rock and never even close to glam:
white lion
whitesnake
quiet riot
l.a. guns
guns n roses

the following bands had nothing at all to do with glam:
extreme (funk metal)
great white (70's blues rock)
saigon kick (alternative)

most every other band that gets mentioned as glam was at some time a glam sounding band

Glam-metal is one of my favorite metal genres. I adore it. Band like Motley Crue, Cinderella, Dokken, Autograph, Dirty Looks, Europe, Kixx, Kiss, Quiet Riot, Ratt, Shark Island, Slaughter Twisted Sister, Warrant, W.A.S.P., White Lion etc. They knock 'em dead!:headbang:

I LOVE glam metal! To me, it doesn't matter that it's more "commercial" than other types of metal. As long as I think it rocks, I'll headbang to it.

Reactions: Goodman