RC Tube constantly crashing PC

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
I've used RC Tube plenty of times on my last PC. I just got a new (much better) PC, reinstalled PT 8.05 LE and all my plugins. Nothing else has been crashing, but EVERY TIME I try to enable RC Tube, I get a BSOD. Anyone have a clue how to stop this? And why does it seem like only audio programs have constant crashes like this- I never have gotten BSOD with games, or any other programs...

Anyone here using RC Tube on modern metal? I have it and played with it a bit but haven't committed to it yet. I don't have the rest of VCC so the other consoles are not worth further discussion because I know people are digging those. Thanks \m/

Didn't mean to steal your thread bro, I haven't had any trouble with slate products. I would try to remove all you plugins and add RC Tube first and see how it behaves. If it works continue to reload other plugins. Just a shot.

Anyone here using RC Tube on modern metal? I have it and played with it a bit but haven't committed to it yet. I don't have the rest of VCC so the other consoles are not worth further discussion because I know people are digging those. Thanks m/

Didn't mean to steal your thread bro, I haven't had any trouble with slate products. I would try to remove all you plugins and add RC Tube first and see how it behaves. If it works continue to reload other plugins. Just a shot.

I have VCC and have literally never used the RC setting in a mix. I always end up preferring the Neve or API (or sometimes the Trident on individual instruments). In my opinion the RC darkens and softens things a little too much.

Yeah, ask Slate support.

I like the character of RC on a lot of things, but I always have the feeling it also compresses! That's why I rarely use it.
Anyone else can confirm this?

I thought I might get a faster answer here, as I know a lot of people have RC Tube or VCC, but I'll submit a ticket. I don't have VCC, but I like what RC tube does for a mix, but I'll definitely end up picking up VCC when it's on a good sale.

Even opening RC Tube on a brand new blank session crashes with a BSOD

Do you have an lok1 and ilok2 both plugged in? I had issues (RC Tube being the only ilok2 only plug) when both were plugged in. I transferred all the auths from ilok 1 to the 2 and just have my ilok 2 plugged in.

Worth a shot.

Good luck.