Re-Amp Box...

jeid

Terribad
Mar 9, 2009
Scotland
I am after a re-amp box so I can do some real recording with amps. I'm sort of planning the Radial Pro RMP but I wonder what other people are using and why they went for what they have?

Are there active/passive re-amp options and what are the advantages/disadvantages of each. Any info would be good as this is n00b territory for me, even with the geeky reading I've done.

Many thanks for any information in advance. I appreciate the help this forum offers :D

I went for the Pro RMP because it's one less thing to plug into a power point.

The only differences between the two are:
The X-amp can drive 2 amps whereas the Pro RMP can only drive 1 amp.
The X-amp is more transparent when adjusting the volume compare to the Pro RMP, but then I always have the level on my Pro RMP all the way up so it's never been a problem for me.

Marcus did a re-amper shootout a while ago, the general consensus was that the tonal differences are pretty subtle, probably not enough to matter in a mix. You can check out the shootout here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/465146-big-re-amper-shootout.html

Aha, I did post this when I was drunk. Nice one.

Thanks for the feedback Trev, I'll check that link out. I'll likely get the Pro RMP as it's lighter on the wallet.