Re-releases

Originally posted by Brutalizer
I get annoyed by all these re-masters, re-relases and so on!
Why change and play with the sound of an old cd? It's better to leave it be. It just destroys the atmosphere of it and the real feeling, by re-mastering them! At least i feel this.

I agree 100%

SaintJoshy: "Ya I wish the bass was much louder on still life, my friend and I were talking about how you can barely hear it at times." Isn't that how it should be though? Filling in the background. Okay, well, sometimes it is pretty quiet on SL, but it never bothered me. Maybe Mike was just overly relieved to have the bass quieter (after Morningrise) and went a little overboard with turning it down...? :lol: Maybe not!

BWP has the loudest bass of them all tho. And I love the bass on morningrise. I'd say the bass on Morningrise is the strongest of all...the most prominent out of the 5 albums. I think they got it pretty good on BWP - even in volume with the leads. I'd say the bass lines on Morningrise were louder.

Re-release = $$$$$$ : it smells like a marketing ploy by the record companies.

It doesn't cost that much to re-print a CD and add a track to it to sweeten the pot.

Personally - I see no other reason why the record companies would re=relase a CD other than to re-introduce a band to the public, and attempt to spur album sales. It's no different than movies being re-released to theater 20 years later (ie: E.T.).

I like the originals - plain and simple. And I too would avoid the re-releases of an album unless it was my ONLY choice in getting the album in the first place.