Read this: about the new album

umm.. how about BOTH ?? such as, the meaning of the 7, in raven's sense, embodied by that physical "club 7" logo

not that i'm one to know the reason, its just things don't have to always have 1 meaning alone ..

I don't trust reviews in general. One of the better review sites I've found is Metal Judgement, and my 2 favorite releases this year (Ephel Duath and Dysrhythmia) both got just above average on their reviews. Most people don't share my taste in music, so downloading still remains my main source for finding new stuff. Anyway, I had DHIADW for like a month beforehand and bought it with excited glee the day it came out (the only copy at Media Play, which is the only local store to stock Nevermore, mind you). If the new one gets a better mix, as has been rumored, I will be buying it with the same joy come July 29th.

thewendy said:
Of course I can't do anything about it, nor is it my job to. However, I can ask people not to discuss downloading it on this forum, I think that is a fair request.

I see what you mean. With metal bands selling about 10,000-15,000 copies these days, I think WE the FANS must support these bands.
They can't afford for people to be downloading their stuff for nothin'.
I mean, as a fan of metal I would like to have these bands to be around for a longtime. And by getting their music for nothing, is simply not supporting the band. I know I'm sounding like Lars Ulrich, but I think he did have a point in regards that people were taking his music. It didn't hurt him in the pocket book as much as it would hurt an underground band....

sixxswine said:
I see what you mean. With metal bands selling about 10,000-15,000 copies these days, I think WE the FANS must support these bands.

You're right, you know. The metal scene is on the upswing, it seems, but if we don't allow for the good bands to rise above the crap bands by supporting them, we're stuck with Lickin' Pork and their ilk.

And by getting their music for nothing, is simply not supporting the band.

No, however, it does allow me to pick and choose which bands I will be supporting. As an example, there is NO doubt in my mind that a shiny new EOR will be in my CD player the day it's released. How do I know this? Because I've listened to a superior product and will support the band that produced it as much as I can. I also know that after listening to sub-par releases by a certain band (M*******A), they won't see a cent from me until I get to punch Lars and Bob Rock in the nose. THEN, maybe, but not before.

I know I'm sounding like Lars Ulrich, but I think he did have a point in regards that people were taking his music.

No, you don't sound like Lars. There's no ear-splitting "clang." o_O

It didn't hurt him in the pocket book as much as it would hurt an underground band....

No, and putting out a definitely sub-par product didn't seem to hurt their pocketbooks, either. The problem is that Nevermore is competing with THAT to get ahead, and that's where WE need to step up. July 29th, we need to let the NM fellas know who's got the better product.

thewendy said:
So the promo's have been shipped and obviously the album is already available on the net, in newsgroups or P2P channels. We can't stop people from downloading the album, however discussing the album before it's actual release date on the official forum is very disrespectful towards the band. That's why we ask you not to share information of illegal downloading here.
thank you.
Sorry wendy, but I had to get a taste of the new songs..I love it and I can't wait for the cd to come out.. man what powerfull songs..I only heard parts of three of them ..if anybody was disappointed with the new Metallica, you will not have the same problem with Ememies of Reality. I am so glad that Nevermore is the band that they are. when sanctuary broke up I thought that the heavy prog bands would die, Nevermore

I downloaded the album, (without realizing it was not the real thing)
The only reason i downloaded the album is because i will be unable to get it where i am (shanghai). And will be unable to get it until i return to Australia. Of course when i get back to australia it will be one of the first things i buy! But as soon as the proper thing is out on the net i will download it as soon as i can cause i just can't wait 6 months. (btw i am unable to recieve mail where i am, so i can't order off the net either)

Hey Mike MCL here remember me guys? OK so having that lil sample on the site was cool, honestly it's production value is hindered due to it's format. "or we are going to regret Andy's not producing this time around?" the guitar doesn't have that same clean, open steam feel...but this could just be thew mp3 thing. Whatever , Nevemore are one of my faves, being one of the oder metal heads who used ot go to a show every chance they could from the early 80's till the metal died...Nevermore and Mercyful Fate/King D. are the only guys for whom I shlep out to a divy club here in NJ. Beleive me I will BUY IT and support the clan.
See ya when you guys hit the east coast!
Nostrovia...
Mike McL

I dont think I would have EVER heard of Nevermore if it wasnt for downloading their stuff. And guess what? I just bought DHIaDW last week. I also bought Winterheart's Guild by Sonata Arctica(they're labelmates, actually!) and I cant wait to amass some more cash and buy some more Nevermore records. The guys ought to be proud, it takes a hell of a band to get me to take cash away from my "IMPROVE MY GUITAR RIG" fund. (Which is now empty due to buying those 2 albums, hehe)

I cant wait to buy all the rest when I get the money. With mp3's you can find which bands are actually good and support them accordingly. And so much metal nowadays is so bland and uninspiring. Especially as expensive as albums are these days. Nevermore forever! I'm not going to spend $15 on some shitty overhyped bullshit album that gets good reviews... like ST ANGER. Never trust reviews, everyone is giving St Anger great reviews, and it's an abomination of an album. Whatever.

BTW I downloaded the single Enemies of Reality off the Nevermore website the other day(So I assume it's not offlimits that way...?) and it was awesome. Gotta love Loomis' solos, and that song has some damn awesome riffs. I had it stuck in my head at 4 Am so I got up to go listen again. I can't wait til it comes out!

Ihreil Junkenstein said:
Every album i download and listen to more than once I buy, mainly becuase a CD is a lot more convient than turning on a pc all the time. That and you cant tape MP3's without a fuckload of cables.
I agree with you about the cables -- especially having to get all the RCA-to-1/8" connectors. Major pain in the butt. (currently running from PC to my 4-track to an old tape deck...pretty funny...)

However, as I listen to a LOT of music at work, I find it TONS more convinent to toss 200 or so MP3s on a CD -- then again, since I don't have to worry about turning on a PC (if it's off, it's REALLY hard to code...), I don't have a problem with that.

Then again, the argument at hand is about purchasing CDs -- the stuff I put on MP3 CDs has to come from somewhere. I'd say 90% of my MP3s are ripped from MY albums. The other 10% are live gigs, stuff that's so horribly out of print I couldn't buy it if I wanted to, or demos that, again, I couldn't buy if I wanted.

As soon as I see EOR for sale, I will have a copy.
I've already pre-ordered and pre-paid. All I have to do is walk in, smile, and walk out with EOR. Definitely looking forward to having it in my hands.

The point is, in the days before the net, when i bought a shitty album for £12 didn't like, i had to waste MORE money taking it back. No one benifits there, it pisses me off and HMV aren't too thrilled either.
Now when i buy stuff, i know i want it.

I wouldnt have paid money for ShiT anger for example, that would be a straight back and requesting the real version. EOR will be mine as soon as i can get it. If they DID MORE BRITISH DATES it would be easier though *HINT*