Real drums + 6 tracks of rh. guitars + female vox

Soundlurker

Nov 19, 2005
I joined the band as a second guitar player last October and that's the first recording with this lineup.

Guitars are:
2 x Schecter Scorpion Baritone -> Garland custom amp
2 x Jackson Js1 - > Garland
2 x LTD MHB-400 -> Mesa Dual Rectifier
(all with Emg81)

Kick - Audix d6
Snare, Toms - Sm 57
OH - Oktava Mk012
hihat, ride - LD condensors from some Superlux drum set

vocals - http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/109/l_606d75b4c5f2d9c496d03a6bd7cba9c1.jpg and Studio Projects B1

Here's the sample: download

I guess it's not the most popular style of music around here but I'm more interested in what you think of the production, anyway. I'm happy with how it turned out overall, but I'm really tempted to replace the snare, since it soundss kinda :erk:

Let me know what you think. Cheers! :kickass:

Thanks guys :headbang:

I'm probably going to try tweaking the snare a bit more, since I didn't like how it sounds blended with a sample. If it's still letting the mix down than I might replace it completely.

It's a huge relief that the guitars sound good, because I reamped them 2 or 3 times and eqed them a million different ways. I guess it's always like that when you're mixing your own band.

BTW, I can cut up a few samples of the kick and upload them if someone wants me to. I don't know if it will work for other stuff but I like it in this mix.

I gave the snare one more chance, is it OK?
new mix
Also some other changes in the new mix, but more importantly it's the whole song this time.

Well the fact that the lyrics are in Bulgarian probably doesn't help intelligibility :) But yeah, a lot of Bulgarians don't understand a word she says :lol: