Reaming question...

johnb757

Jun 24, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
Here is my issue:

First, I am running Protools 10.3 with a Focusrite Saffire 14 interface. I set the out for the DI to output 3. I took the DI and used a pre fade send to an aux track. the track reamps without an issue. Here is where things are weird...I create an new audio track and have the miced cab inputted into the first mic input I set the aux track's output through Output 1-2. I get a signal from the mic in the DSP from the interface but as soon as I arm the the track to record I get nothing. What is wrong? Our comments are greatly appreciated.

You need to change to input only monitoring. At the moment it's on auto input monitoring so you hear whatever is currently in the track/playlist until you actually drop into recording.

You can change it in the track menu if I remember correctly.

Here is my issue:

First, I am running Protools 10.3 with a Focusrite Saffire 14 interface. I set the out for the DI to output 3. I took the DI and used a pre fade send to an aux track. the track reamps without an issue. Here is where things are weird...I create an new audio track and have the miced cab inputted into the first mic input I set the aux track's output through Output 1-2. I get a signal from the mic in the DSP from the interface but as soon as I arm the the track to record I get nothing. What is wrong? Our comments are greatly appreciated.

Hi Johnb757,

Thanks for your thread.

What your operating system?

Which version of Saffire Mix Control have you installed?

Which exact version of PT 10.3. are you running on?

Please let me know, if I can be of any further assistance.

With best regards,

Marcel // Focusrite Novation Support

Thanks Trevoire and Dave... that worked out nicely. I just need to figure out how I can monitor the incoming signal from the mic. My interface at home is a Saffire 14 with the newest version of the Mix Control software. I have line outs 3-4 routed to DAW 3-4, but the problem is the headphones share the same output. Any suggestions?

Thanks Trevoire and Dave... that worked out nicely. I just need to figure out how I can monitor the incoming signal from the mic. My interface at home is a Saffire 14 with the newest version of the Mix Control software. I have line outs 3-4 routed to DAW 3-4, but the problem is the headphones share the same output. Any suggestions?

Dear Johnb757,

Thans for your reply.

I still cannot fully grasp your routing.

You might as well send screenshots of Saffire Mix Control and your Pro Tools Mixer.

I guess what I am trying to do is to monitor the reamped guitar ( DI track output to line out 3> reamp box > mic that is in input 1)without hearing the DI track. I know the question sounds kinda dumb but I am new at reamping. Thanks for your help

I guess what I am trying to do is to monitor the reamped guitar ( DI track output to line out 3> reamp box > mic that is in input 1)without hearing the DI track. I know the question sounds kinda dumb but I am new at reamping. Thanks for your help

Hi Johnb757,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you want to monitor what the reamped signal directly at the input source or coming back from Pro Tools or a mix of boths?

There are useful Saffire Mix Control tutorials on our answerbase, which I highly recommend you to have a read through.