Reamp equipment

Forge Farm

Oct 6, 2004
Aveiro, Portugal
Hello all.

I would like to try to reamp my guitar and bass tracks, but I don't have easy access to audio equipment, so I would like to know if you see any problem in this intermediate solution.

I have an EMU 1820 audio card that allows to choose the level for each input and output level (-10, +4).

What I'm thinking about is to set the output channel of the clean sound at +4, plug it to the amp and then connect the mic to an input channel set at -10. Do you think that this will give me the high impedance needed to reamp, or is it just a stupid idea?

Thanks a lot.

martyfireball said:
the Boss pedals have an impedance similar to geetar pick-ups, so the amp gets the right type of signal.

yeah, but the problem is, that a signal coming from an out of a soundcard/mixer will not have the same (high) impedance, as the signal coming directly from the pickup. so the signal that's going into the pedal is not the same as one from a pickup, so I'm not sure if that could work well :err:

zenx said:
yeah, but the problem is, that a signal coming from an out of a soundcard/mixer will not have the same (high) impedance, as the signal coming directly from the pickup. so the signal that's going into the pedal is not the same as one from a pickup, so I'm not sure if that could work well :err:

The Boss pedal have an impedance which is the same as most pick-ups, so after going through the Boss the signal acts like it had came from a geetar pick-up.

Sorry if this sounds like mumbo-jumbo, but i'm nearly certain I didn't just make this up and I did actually read it from a reliable source....it's also the only way i have ever re-amped.

martyfireball said:
The Boss pedal have an impedance which is the same as most pick-ups, so after going through the Boss the signal acts like it had came from a geetar pick-up.

Sorry if this sounds like mumbo-jumbo, but i'm nearly certain I didn't just make this up and I did actually read it from a reliable source....it's also the only way i have ever re-amped.

Might as well do it with a Boss EQ so you can control the level from the pedal to the amp also.

But, wouldn't the pedal shit its pants when recieving a line level?

DracWell said:
Might as well do it with a Boss EQ so you can control the level from the pedal to the amp also.

But, wouldn't the pedal shit its pants when recieving a line level?

If you have an Boss eq, use it, but otherwise, send the signal as -10dbv and tweak it with your soundcards mixer.

Ive just started making enquiries about having a box made that has line, mic and instrument ins and out so that any in can feed any out. Its looking like the prototype will be expensive to build so I might have a limited run made just to help with costs per unit. Anyone interested??

elmuchoescadawg said:
Ive just started making enquiries about having a box made that has line, mic and instrument ins and out so that any in can feed any out. Its looking like the prototype will be expensive to build so I might have a limited run made just to help with costs per unit. Anyone interested??
Maybe I'm missing your point but you would need a mic pre to convert mic level to line level. So are you saying that you're going to make a combo micpre/di/ reamp?
Here you go:
http://www.mil-media.com/docs/products/td1.shtml

Honestly though, the combo DI/reamp (like the redeye) or micpre/di is plenty for me.

Thank you all for your help. It seems I really need to buy reamp gear.

Ei, _RideInside_ :wave: , a comunidade portuguesa já começa a ter aqui alguns membros. :headbang: (a big hello to all portuguese metalheads)

Do you know if I have to buy Redeye from the net or is there any store in Portugal that sells it?

Maybe I'm missing your point but you would need a mic pre to convert mic level to line level. So are you saying that you're going to make a combo micpre/di/ reamp?

That was kinda what I was thinkin of, been looking at the posssibility of adding pres comps and EQ but its getting a bit silly now. Basically where I work we have electronics engineers for days. Ive been talking to the main guy, who happens to be an amp designer and a guitar player and weve just been knocking some ideas around. what weve coem up with isnt as involved as the DT1 but it would be cheaper!!

Forge Farm said:
Thank you all for your help. It seems I really need to buy reamp gear.

Ei, _RideInside_ :wave: , a comunidade portuguesa já começa a ter aqui alguns membros. :headbang: (a big hello to all portuguese metalheads)

Do you know if I have to buy Redeye from the net or is there any store in Portugal that sells it?

check my PM ;)