Reamp/preamp question...

wyllie

^^ Why-Lee^^
Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow,Scotland
www.myspace.com
Is it posible to reamp a preamp signal?

I record the signal from my amp straight into my interface, ive been itching to get someone to reamp my cover of Jotun from In Flames but i dont really know all that much about reamping....So yeah if its posible and someone is bored and wants something to mess with ill upload the files asap
-wyllie

I'm not sure and could be wrong but,
Since the pre sends out a line level signal, can't you just play it back into the effects signal return from your interfaces outs and it should be fine? I haven't tried it and I could be wrong but I'd imagine with a bit of fiddling with the volumes it should be fine

yeah but i mean you could not route the signal thru a reamp box back into the amp and into the clean channel so it acts like a distortion pedal?

am i being naive thinking that would work or i will i have to retrack with di's if i want to pull this off?

I don't see the point though- if you just want to have your recorded pre amp take through a real amp why bother putting it though a pre amp again- especially one set for clean?

He means sending the preamped recording out your interface, into the effects loop return on your/a amp. So essentially you're just using the power amp with the preamped signal.

Mic up the cabinet, and you're good to go.

that could come in useful if it works. let's say someone has a dual rec head the want to record but not a good room or cab or mics or other gear to record it with. you can set the amp how you like and send the signal to someone who has the same amp but i mean it's kind of counterproductive since a guitar di signal would give the reamper more flexibility but i guess in theory it's kind of cool.

that could come in useful if it works. let's say someone has a dual rec head the want to record but not a good room or cab or mics or other gear to record it with. you can set the amp how you like and send the signal to someone who has the same amp but i mean it's kind of counterproductive since a guitar di signal would give the reamper more flexibility but i guess in theory it's kind of cool.

I agree it is a cool idea and it would really be useful if you wanted someone to reamp your tracks through a different power amp.

I agree it is a cool idea and it would really be useful if you wanted someone to reamp your tracks through a different power amp.

the only time i've experimented with pre power combos is running my mark iv through a jcm 800 and jcm 2000 dsl.

it sounded pretty good except the marshall cannot control the volume at all so even with the mark iv on like 0 it is really loud so it is kind of weird. it sounded good though, very, well, metallica. on guitar with emgs tuned standard as well.

i've briefly also tried mark iv into recot my recto in mark iv and stuff and you can control the master volume but some reason could not on the marshall so i just gave up as dealing with those volumes if flat out annoying.