reamping bass guitar?

Yessir. I don't understand why it isn't done more often. I find it insulting for a real bass player to spend 1000+ on an Ampeg/Eden/Hartke/Whatever setup to just be put "straight in".

Yessir. I don't understand why it isn't done more often. I find it insulting for a real bass player to spend 1000+ on an Ampeg/Eden/Hartke/Whatever setup to just be put "straight in".

Well, being a REAL :)lol:) bass player myself, I would spend 1000+ mainly for the reason to get a nice and assertive bass tone on stage and in the rehearsal room.

For recording the bass guitar one has to decide on his own whether he would prefer to use his "hardware" (Amp/cabinet, Sansamp-preamp) and/or "software" (pure Di-signal --> Plugins).

I never tried to "re-amp" my bass signal- but I'm looking forward to give it a trial.

I've been thinking about keeping my bass player's sansamp rbi rack pre for this purpose. It has both effected and direct outputs. Is it worth it to keep or should I just sell it and buy other things I need (mics, etc)? I have pod farm btw.