reaper users help!!!

unbrblncvncfbng

New Metal Member
Nov 16, 2009
ok. so here's my problem. i'm running two separate guitar tracks, panned hard in a folder with my amp sim and cab modeler in the parent. only when the signals are panned left or center are they getting through, leaving me with serious mono guitar.

wtf am i doing wrong???

routing pins are default.

im having the same problem

Its like one track TSS, 8505, KeFIR, ReaEQ. then I have 2 tracks under it (actual guitar tracks) (panned L and R). I click the folder button on the first track with the plugins, and click the folder on the third track to tell the folder to stop there in its grouping.

So essentially I want the first track to have the plugins branch down to the other 2, so I dont have to run 2 instances of the same thing.

are either TSS, 8505, KeFIR or ReaEQ mono and thats what youre saying is messing it up?

8505 is mono, and KeFIR comes in both a mono and stereo version, which should show up separately when you're adding it to the track. Not sure about TSS.

I did a bit of testing for another thread a while back, and came to the conclusion that running a stereo amp/cab plugin instead of two in mono doesn't actually save more than .1% or so of processor usage. When you load a stereo amp, it's essentially running two copies in mono with one set of knobs.

Not sure about TSS.

TSS is mono as well

I did a bit of testing for another thread a while back, and came to the conclusion that running a stereo amp/cab plugin instead of two in mono doesn't actually save more than .1% or so of processor usage. When you load a stereo amp, it's essentially running two copies in mono with one set of knobs.

Good to know!

I always used ReaEQ as separate instances on my guitar tracks. Mono or stereo, it's just good to get into the habit of applying these things in separate instances anyway

It is possible to use mono plugins on stereo busses within reaper. You need to use two instances of the same plugin and configure the FX routing to send the L/R signals through the separate instances.

my question is why would you wanna use the same exact guitar sound with the same exact eq and settings? it's always been a rule of thumb for me that if i use the same guitar sound on more than one track always either eq it different or at least use a different cabinet

You would probably do better to print the FX to another take, rather than messing around with panning the sim. Then you can copy the printed take to another track and just work with the audio. If you're satisfied, you could also off-line the sim and cab IR to save on system resouces (i.e. ghetto-freeze).

That's how I do it. It's a pain in the ass not to.

If you don't know what I am talking about - head over to the Reaper forums and do a search for "Freeze Macro".

+1 for separate sims on each track. if i'm quad tracking, i put tss > amp > cab > on each individual track, then bus em together for hipass and compression if necessary.