Reason #17 why I have a hard time venturing outside of the Royal Carnage forum

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Quote taken from the ProgPower forum:

dhatchell said:
Just wondering what everybody here thinks of Opeth.. I just got back last night from their concert. Thank god for the Bay Area- Helloween on Tuesday night, and Opeth Sat night! Unbelievable! After getting the DVD, I expected it to be more along the lines of 1/2 mellow, 1/2 electric.. They only did 2 numbers off of Damnation, and a good mix of their other albums. I really enjoyed it for the most part- the death vocals were not as much of a turn-off as I would have thought. Their playing really is mesmerizing- even when they are growling, it can still be beautiful. I am wondering what everybody's take on these guys is- This is really the first time I have been able to tolerate death vocals and enjoy the music. I was afraid that Damnation would be the extent of their work that I could tolerate, but I was wrong. Musically, they were not quite as "prog" as I might have thought- they didn't jump keys and time changes as much as I might have thought. However, their bluesy- Gilmouresque guitars and harmonies really piqued my interest. One other thing- At the encore they made mention that they had composed the song- Demons Befall, while meditating and calling upon their Lord Satan. I guess I am still just a good ol 'boy from East Texas, but I really find this kind of crap offensive. Is this all in jest Spinal-Tap wise or what? I prefer not to think of the music I love like this. Maybe I should go back to Petra or something
Oh. my. goat.

Dumbass boonies East Texas folk.

I listened to Petra when I was like 10. Christian hard rock. They wrote good tunes, but way too preachy. I bet if I searched hard enough, I could find their cassettes at my parent's place.

JayKeeley said:
Quote taken from the ProgPower forum:

Oh. my. goat.

:tickled: Were you browsing through the Anathema forum to find inspiration for "Reason #18 why I have a hard time venturing outside of the Royal Carnage forum"? If so, you should succeed :p .

(I'm sorry, I'm a bored UM-nerd tonight :erk: )

#17 is a cosmological transfigurilogical number that is sacred around these parts. Only the Iniates of the Back Hand can utter its number, and only those who have gone through the Trail of Death in the blustery season of Smarch can even consider thinking about its name, number, and significance, let alone utter it in this sacred of all sacred forums.

For this violation, you must propagate with the nearest seamonkey that you may find, and show proof within this thread, sometime in the next El Sobrante Fortnight. While it is unclear how long said Fortnight is, reliable sources put it anywhere between the time of two weeks and a decade. HAVE AT YOU!

:tickled: , that certainly cleared up things.

If I promiss not to do it again, will you forgive me for my ignorant offense without the seamonkey business?