Reasons why PP7 isn't sold out yet?

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
well the last 3 or 4 PP fests have been all sold out within less then half a month and there are still tickets remaining for this years show. any reason you may think that this event isn't sold out yet?

JosephAcevedo said:
well the last 3 or 4 PP fests have been all sold out within less then half a month and there are still tickets remaining for this years show. any reason you may think that this event isn't sold out yet?

Cuz dumbasses like you haven't recruited prospective metalheads to attend.

Our party started with 3 people at PPUSA 3...at #5, we went to 4...at #6, we went to 5...this year we will be 6...

Rock on!

Emerald Sword said:
Can we please kill this thread now?

Its funny how people dont want the truth, it is true that this PP hasnt and will probably not sell out, accept it.

Me, i will not be going, why? cause i really dont care for any of the bands, as simple as that.

Its all good though, if PP8 comes around and some good headliners come in, i will surely go. Nothing personal. Those of you that are going? Rock on and have fun!:headbang:

There's a battle royal for the last 30 tickets. 50 bands enter an arena. All members armed with their instruments. Guitars, keyboards, drumsticks, mics on cords...When the bell rings, it's a death match. Last 30 left standing get the tickets.

My money's on Manowar.

Heavenly Call said:
There's a battle royal for the last 30 tickets. 50 bands enter an arena. All members armed with their instruments. Guitars, keyboards, drumsticks, mics on cords...When the bell rings, it's a death match. Last 30 left standing get the tickets.

My money's on Manowar.

I'd be the first one to join the sniper group to shoot them down while they battle against some emo band. And I won't be aiming to the Emo kids... hahahahha

If Nevermore were still on the bill, it would almost certainly have sold out by now. Nevermore is more well-known than Jorn, and only die-hard fans are going to be truly stoked about the idea of Jorn playing stuff from his entire career. A casual fan isn't familiar with most of the bands Jorn has been in, whereas a casual underground metal fan may very well be familiar with Nevermore.

Also, in terms of Evergrey being the other headliner... they are certainly now at the status to be headlining this fest, but a big part of the reason they are bigger in the US now is *because of* ProgPower. So as opposed to other headliners in other years who gained most of their notoriety through other means, a lot of the people who would come to ProgPower for Evergrey, are the people who would have come to ProgPower anyway, rather than additional new people.

All that said... being at this point and having less than 30 tickets remaining, it's hard to imagine that it won't be sold out by the time of the show, which in terms of Ticketmaster, is really all that matters, since the promoter probably doesn't get paid on those sales until later anyway.