Rebuilding the Megadeth Collection?

Well, after that glowing review of the remixes, I guess I will be buying one or two, sarting with Killing Is My Bussines. However one kind of feels that since these are the "definitive" versions of these albums, what have we been listening to all these years? The second-rate versions?

The remix of "Killing" isn't as "strong" as it is for the other records.
BUT, it does still offer a great sound.
The drums are actually quite prevelant now.

I would definitely pick up So Far So Good.
The original horns are now included in the mix of "Into the Lungs of Hell",
as well as more up-front acoustic guitars. Great instrumental.

~metal_maiden~ said:
I just don't have enough money to buy 'em all yet. :(
Same here! But with all these positive reviews here I must have them. Well, maybe next month as my buddy's dad asked me to help out in the firm. Oh shit - the money's already gone before I have even earned it! :yell:

I just picked up Rust In Peace remaster (Since my original kinda disappeared off the face of the earth. I'm sure its around SOMEWHERE)... and I can honestly say remixing and remastering it did it a world of good. Everything sounds fantastic, the guitars sound better, and the vocals have more bite to them. And the bonus tracks are quite interesting too. "My Creation" is good for only being less than 2 minutes, and the demos are worth checking out seeing how Chris Poland played on them.
Before I loved this album. Now its Godly.
It got me to get the "Peace Sells" and "So Far..." remasters. Definatly sound so much better (although the bonus tracks are pretty much just the originals). And yeah, the extended intro to "In My Darkest Hour", nice touch.