Reccommend me a hard drive.

Trevoire520

Mar 24, 2007
Fife, Scotland
Well, last night my hard drive (WD Mybook) was acting very strangely, the light wasn't coming on and it wouldn't connect to my mac. After a bit of faffing about, switching it on and off, and changing from firewire to usb I managed to get it working again, for now. Last time my drive did this it died a short time later, taking a shitload of data with it. WD did repair it free of charge as it was under warranty, but I don't want to go through that again!

I nabbed a spare drive from the studio and am currently backing up everything in case of a catastrophic failure, but to be honest I don't really trust it for recording and storing sessions anymore. So I'm hoping you guys can recommend something to replace it.

I'm looking for:
500GB-1TB,
7200rpm minimum,
Firewire connection.
I want something reliable, but I'm not made of money (looking at about £100)

cheers for any help you can give.

After a bit more research it appears most people consider WD drives quite reliable?! Maybe I just have a bad one?

Also turns out the warranty on my drive is 3 years, so I still have another year and a half left. I'd rather have something that worked reliably though instead of having to send it back to WD every 7 months.

every hd will fail you at some point. I wouldn't say WD is shit if you've only come across one bad one