Recent Arrivals 2

~UlvedaL~

Where Lost Souls Travel
Feb 19, 2002
Muspelheim...
Visit site
I really miss this thread, and dont wants to search archives, so I´m starting it again... I have just recieved a bunch of cd´s, and I thought I would share it with you guys and girls...

I have voted the cd´s from "*" - "*****", with "*" as being pure crap, and "*****" as a masterpiece...

Here we go:

Apotheosis – “Farthest From The Sun”
- A pure genius´ work.. This is simply brilliant! The way this man combine atmosphere, trashy blackmetal with folkish elements is amazing... The best and most unique release in a looong time.. 4 tracks; 50 - 60 minutes.... Yuuuummmm.....

Belphegor – “Infernal Live Orgasm”
- Belphegor Live.... Nothing much to say... The sound stinks, the whole thing is unlistenable.... This liverelease derserves death........ Crap!
*(*)

Cattle Decapitation – “To Serve Man”
- Pretty cool deathmetal, with a very good sound and production... Scary lyrics (Check the track "Testicular Manslaughter" :cry: , and you´ll know what I mean.. Pretty decent album...

Engorged – “Engorged”
- Yet another deathmetal-attack, but this is far from the standard written above... It´s not bad, but there´s to many good releases out there...

Excommunion – “Superion”
- This is about the coolest deathmetal album since Decapitated´s "Nihillity".. Not that they have something in common... But this brutality...... is impossible to descripe.... If you like deathmetal, this is a must have!

Khold – “Phantom”
- Black´n Roll...? It´s okay, but it´s lack in tempo forces me to degradate it a bit...

Lord Belial – “Angelgrinder”
- Melodic, satanic blackmetal as it should be played elsewhere... Nothing new to the genre(?), but it´s cool...

Mactätus – “Suicide”
- Melodic blackmetal... this is in fact pretty cool, but some tracks are much better than some others, and therefore destroys the "whole"-impression... It rocks though, and tracks as "Sanctity In Murder", "Concluding Act Of Violence" and "Epilogue - The Tale Of The Psychotic" is the way the whole album should be played..
***(*)

My Minds Mine – “Scenes Of The Complete Annihilation Of This
Planet”
- Dont you ever listen to this!!!! Promise me that...
(*)

Primordial – “Storm Before Calm”
- Unique (black)metal with irish folklore inspirations... This is simply a masterpiece... Can´t wait for W:O:A....

Rotten Sound – “Murderworks”
- Finnish grindcore.... Fast... Well played... Fast... Good sound... Even faster and in fact very good...

Severe Torture - "Misanthropic Carnage"
- This is brutal deathmetal in the veins of Cannibal Corpse (in fact - they tour with eachother)... Anyways, this kicks serious ass, and is recommended to all deathmetallers with respect for themselves!

Thornspawn – “Wrath Of War”
- Blackmetal with 350mph... Tracks as "Licking The Virgin Mary´s Cunt" speaks for itself...

Thyrfing – ”Vansinnevisor”
- No further introduction is needed... With the new elements Thyrfing manages to find their best sound EVER...

Vintersorg – “Visions From The Spiral Generation”
- Same as above, but with Vintersorg in focus...

Your turn!!!

Hmmm...my problem is that I keep buying and buying and I can never catch my listening up. It usually seems to take me about 2 months from the time I purchase a CD to the time I finally get to listen to it! I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?

smhair2.gif

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~

Primordial – “Storm Before Calm”
- Unique (black)metal with irish folklore inspirations... This is simply a masterpiece... Can´t wait for W:O:A....

Really? I thought 'Spirit the Earth Aflame was much better, but glad someone else likes Primordial.

Thyrfing – ”Vansinnevisor”
- No further introduction is needed... With the new elements Thyrfing manages to find their best sound EVER...

Vintersorg – “Visions From The Spiral Generation”
- Same as above, but with Vintersorg in focus...

Even though I'm a fan of viking/pagan/folk etc metal, I never could appreciate these two bands, and I have heard all of their material. To each his own. Enjoy my friend

My recent arrivals:

Fleurety- Min Tid Skal Komme
Fleurety- Last Minute Lies
Fleurety- Department of Apocalyptic Affairs
Shape of Despair- Shades of...
Dodheimsgard- 666 International

:)