Deathcore vs Deathmetal

What+the+fuck+am+I+reading.jpg

+1

Defeater is far from generic. Deathcore is generic as all fuck. There are bands that're good, like early Whitechapel, The Red Chord, Despised Icon, but the vast majority of them are utter trash.

To say the 'second half' of the Defeater album was bad acoustic songs is dumb. There were four songs on the entire album that were acoustic, and they were not bad. They fit the overall feel and theme of the album very well.

Well, Mort, I guess we have a difference in opinion here. And I will say that those four acoustic songs were very generic, as i think Defeater is at least relatively generic.

Now, an album like Runways by Life Long Tragedy is very original and inspiring for the hardcore scene. Their pior album, Destined For Anything, was also really good, though generic in a sense.

I'm not in this whole music war. I enjoy deathcore sometimes. I actually like that Xisforeyes song I posted earlier. It's "fun" if you can believe i said that shit. I also like Born of Osiris, but they are more metalcore.

Born of Osiris' New Reign has some cool sounding effects that add a fresh element. It's just music to me. There's dumbasses in ever scene, DM, BM, DOOM included.

'core bands are waning in popularity in general. Metalcore (the Slaughter Of The Soul sounding shit) is pretty much silent right now, and deathcore is holding on - barely. As can be predicted, each time a new decade begins, a new trend sets in. I'm not yet sure what will take the heavy music world by storm this time.