Seriously ... what the fuck is djent?!?

boy are you right about that. this is a couple of guitar player's jam album, sory if everything else seems secondary but it really just is. not that it's bad but, really just finished the arrangement to move onto the next song. album 1 and 2 were written and recorded in 3 months so it was just a burst of fun.

i'm still waiting to write 2 new songs for Nova 2 before i release it, tho i've posted lots of it online already.

ANYway...Nova 3 is already mapped out, just needs to be recorded and i can tell you this...
full line up , (including current), axe-fx, V-drums...YAY! that will be ready in 2012 and will be my finest work.

thanx for listening as always!
-chaz

lord why is this thread on the GO, Djent is a term that was TO DEATH-ed on the SS.ORG forum.

Djent is a technique, not a tone, it's a Quick stop start type of riffing, and yes i like it, but as part of a song, as a whole song, it gets old fast for me

the term though doesn't bother me, and i don't see Djenting leaving metal anytime soon, but Djent BANDS though will either evolve, continue, or fade, as a lot of bands of any kind of genre do

Djent isnt even a genre to me. Nor a word according to my spell check. Honestly to me Meshuggah is just a heavy metal band. They honestly just sound like a more crunched Deftones (Diamond Eyes' Deftones that is) with more metal vocals. I dont think setting of a hi-gain guitar should determine the genre of your music. I already dislike subgenres as it is.

Gate that shit! Cut off most bass below 200hz and give a noticeable boost around 1.6 Hz!!!.... Depending on the guitar rig I use to record, Will throw in a small boost around 800Hz!

men trying to become machines :Spin: (which is funny if one understood music as a way to express human emotions :D)