Recent CD buys

Raven - "Architect Of Fear" [2008 reissue], "Nothing exceeds..." [1999 Lonely Planet reissue], "Live At The Inferno" [1996 Megaforce reissue], "Walk Through Fire"

I can't believe how difficult it is to track down most of their older albums, especially "Life's A Bitch". Even E-bay has very little available, including the reissued CD's

Absorbed - Reverie (cult Prog Death from Spain)
Demigod - Slumber Of Sullen Eyes (the only good one)
Eruption - Tenses Collide (killer Thrash)
Phlebotomized - Devoted To God/Preach Eternal Gospels (first cluster of their discography soon to be reissued)
Sear Bliss - Grand Destiny (one of the best Symphonic Black bands of the last 15 years)
Threshold - Within The Expanse (FINALLY found this Techno Thrash masterpiece for a honest price)
... and more to come.

Be careful to a bootleg I've seen around these days, it's a Carbonized demo anthology, not the official Vic Records one that will be out in the next months (or the next year).

6996777261_f8ed847373_m.jpg

Every edition of this album I've ever heard has sounded pretty rough (not that this reissue sounds perfect), but this is as good as it's ever going to get. Listened to it last night on headphones and picked up nuances I'd not heard before.

Excellent job by Rock Candy to breath new life in this well deserving classic. Awesome album and highly recommended!!

was just getting ready to email you since my Rock Candy edition showed up. Sounds pretty amazing compared to the older masters. Very warm and bigger now, if that could be possible. the BLUE MURDER sounds phenomenal too if you only have the original US Edition. Jap was remastered years ago but the RCR version improves on that now. I forgot how great the playing is on that album. Monster power trio.

l1evy.jpg

I was not expecting much out of this one as it was an unreleased album from 1986. After listening to some samples I decide to get it, and I'll tell ya, I'm glad I did.

Man, this is a great melodic rock album. If I had to compare the overall sound, I'd say in the Scandi realm of things (i.e. Treat, Fate, Dalton, Europe)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-fQs:rofl:LHew"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-fQs:rofl:LHew[/ame]

DEEP PURPLE The Battle Rages On
DEEP PURPLE Bananas
WICKED MINDS FRom The Purple Skies
WICKED MINDS Witchflower
Anthenora - Soulgrinder
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Asia - Astra
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out
Huey Lewis and the News - Sports
Drivin N Cryin - Fly Me Courageous

My haul from the Laser's Edge clearance sale:

Andre Matos: The Turn of the Lights
Vision Divine: Nine Degrees West of the Moon
Helstar: Glory of Chaos
Love.Might.Kill: Brace for Impact
Cynic: Re-Traced
Silent Memorial: Cosmic Handball
Presto Ballet: Relic of the Modern World
Savatage: Still the Orchestra Plays

And I grabbed the Winery Dogs debut last week.

Got this monster yesterday. The best straight up Thrash album I've heard in awhile.

violator_new.jpg

I always liked this band, but there were some things that needed fine tuning, most notably the sloppy drumming.

But the excellent production handled by Andy Classen (Holy Moses) certainly ironed out the weak areas of the band, and turned them in to a Metal machine!