Recent CD buys

I get a lot of mine from Amazon (my wife just ordered me Dirty Looks - Cool From The Wire for $17 shipped there), but also have gotten them from NEH Records when they have a free shipping deal once a year. I've also ordered from them directly on Ebay and gotten stuff cheaper than $20. I also would like to know if there is a vendor cheaper than the ones I've listed...

Joe

I've also ordered some from NEH when they run free shipping events.

Battleaxe - Burn This Town (reissue)
Iced Earth - Plagues Of Babylon (deluxe edition)
Primal Fear - Delivering The Black
Grand Magus - Triumph And Power

And hunting for some rarities. Let's hope I finally get some of the stuff I have been hunting for.

I get the Rock Candy releases from Amazon or my local store, whichever is cheaper. Average price I spend is ~$18

Where does everyone buy the Rock Candy Reissues? They're damn expensive everywhere, $20+ and then add on the shipping.

www.deepdiscount.com

I have been waiting for their 10-15% off coupons and then anything over $25 or $30 gets free shipping.

I was using NEH, but the shipping is just too much.

Just paid $14.86 for the Zebra's and $12.86 for the Dirty Looks. Key is to be patient and wait for email coupons from DD. they sent one randomly the other day the snow storm hit. i cleaned up. their Black Friday sale was insane. I bought WAY too much that weekend too. I don't think I posted it because it was just too damn much. I have an addiction. Next coupon will be the Dokken's and other RCR reissues I have missed.

RIOT - IMMORTAL SOUL
PERSUADER - FICTION MAZE
TRAUMA - SCRATCH & SCREAM
DIRTY LOOKS - COOL FROM THE WIRE
ACTIVE CHILD - YOU ARE ALL I SEE
FATES WARNING - NIGHT ON BROCKEN
ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND - LIVE AT FILLMORE EAST
ZEBRA - ZEBRA
F.K.U. - RISE OF MOSH MONGERS
PERIPHERY - CLEAR
ZEBRA - NO TELLIN LIES
W.E.T. - RISE UP
EVERGREEN TERRACE - DEAD HORSES
FIND ME - WINGS OF LOVE
CLARK,GARY JR. - BLAK & BLU
LEE,ALVIN - ANTHOLOGY
TEN YEARS AFTER - SPACE IN TIME
ANNIHILATOR - FEAST
ONSLAUGHT - VI

`Catching up with the past few weeks...

By the way, which Diamond Head release has the better audio? The White Album (2001) or Lightning To The Nations (2011)?
Also, S.A. Slayer is getting reissued by Skol Records/Shadow Kingdom in NA.

I will see what I have to compare. I am thinking all the CASTLE stuff is better for Diamond Head. But let me double check.

Vinyl

Dokken - Tooth and Nail
Dokken - Under Lock and Key
Michael Bolton - s/t
Dalton - Injection
Cheap Trick - Dream Police
Baltimoore - Freak
The Babys - s/t
The Babys - Broken Hearts
The Babys - On the Edge
The Babys - Union Jacks
The Babys - Anthology
John Waite - Ignition
John Waite - Rovers Return
John Waite - No Brakes
John Waite - Mask...
Bad English - s/t
Plus a bunch of Waite singles/10" etc.

I will see what I have to compare. I am thinking all the CASTLE stuff is better for Diamond Head. But let me double check.

Awesome, thought I got overlooked! From what little I've managed to gather, the 2001 release has a dropout in a song and was potentially sourced from vinyl. Supposedly the 2011 one is sourced from the master tapes which are/were supposedly lost in Germany. So, I'd like to get an opinion on it from here since I'm sure some of you guys will be familiar with these pressings.

Awesome, thought I got overlooked! From what little I've managed to gather, the 2001 release has a dropout in a song and was potentially sourced from vinyl. Supposedly the 2011 one is sourced from the master tapes which are/were supposedly lost in Germany. So, I'd like to get an opinion on it from here since I'm sure some of you guys will be familiar with these pressings.

hey man, can you email me the specifics in drop outs and things like that?

tribunalrecords@aol.com

Not a "buy" per se but a happy catch indeed:

Leviathen - Onward Thru The Fog

One of the unsung gems of power/thrash metal. And they have so much demo/unreleased material under this name and Skumbags moniker.

Part 1 of my recent Rock Candy binge.

Michael Bolton: Evetbody's Crazy
Grand Prix: Samurai
Honeymoon Suite: self-titled
Honeymoon Suite: The Big Prize
Survivor: Premonition
Survivor: Too Hot To Sleep
White Sister: self-titled

Part 1 of my recent Rock Candy binge.

Michael Bolton: Evetbody's Crazy
Grand Prix: Samurai
Honeymoon Suite: self-titled
Honeymoon Suite: The Big Prize
Survivor: Premonition
Survivor: Too Hot To Sleep
White Sister: self-titled

Awesome haul Justin! Where did you order from? I have a ton of Rock Candy Releases I still want and am (im)patiently waiting for a coupon from Deep Discount! ;-)

I just ordered the Lillian Axe Box Set from the band yesterday and got a couple CDs in the mail recently:
Chrome Division - Infernal Rock Eternal
Red Dragon Cartel (Best Buy Edition)

Think my wife ordered me the Dizzy Mizz Lizzy Reunion Live CD/DVD from Japan, but it hasn't arrived yet. She also got me this....
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/918913656X/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3TJVJMBQL014A[/ame]

Was a great birthday gift for sure!

Joe

Joe

Awesome haul Justin! Where did you order from? I have a ton of Rock Candy Releases I still want and am (im)patiently waiting for a coupon from Deep Discount! ;-)

I just ordered the Lillian Axe Box Set from the band yesterday and got a couple CDs in the mail recently:
Chrome Division - Infernal Rock Eternal
Red Dragon Cartel (Best Buy Edition)

Think my wife ordered me the Dizzy Mizz Lizzy Reunion Live CD/DVD from Japan, but it hasn't arrived yet. She also got me this....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/918913656X/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3TJVJMBQL014A

Was a great birthday gift for sure!

Joe

Joe

Got 'em from Deep Discount. They were marked down plus I had a coupon code, so they were just $11.55 each on average. How could I say no?

Got a stack of promos today. Cutouts, but whatevs

Crystal Viper: Possession
Eden's Curse: Symphony of Sin
Ektomorf: Retribution
Gothminister: Utopia
Human Fortress: Raided Land
Onslaught: VI
Red Dragon Cartel: self-titled
Rhapsody of Fire: Dark Wings of Steel
Silent Force: Rising From the Ashes
UDO: Best Of - Anniversary Edition
Vanishing Point: Distant Is the Sun