recent joey interviews

whitey131

May 2, 2005
Joey isn't pulling really any punches these days in interviews. On one hand I'm sure he feels vindicated but you have to wonder if at some point it'll create tension enough to cause issues.

Ever since I read the first interview with him concerning WM and the current state of Anthrax, I've worried that it might cause more bullshit and drama with the band. If something happens and Joey leaves again, regardless of who replaces him, anybody would be a fool to not right this band off. Joey also could have prepared Scott and Charlie for what he would say in interviews if certain questions got asked.

But they've kept saying how they're a sold unit now and they're moving forward, so hopefully they can keep their shit together. I'd love to see them continue to tour and do one last album where Joey was a part of it from the beginning.

I'm sure there are contracts involved this time and Joey does have Scott and Charlie by the balls. Sometimes you have the feeling they really read from cue-cards. Rob's Italian interview included. They sure can't fuck things up now, but you never know.

He rejoined on 10.5.2010 and has 2 years contract...perhaps they are negotiating...:)

T:)

I've been reading all these interviews and I've been going Yikes! every once in a while. Hopefully things will stay cool within the band even though Joey's kind of venting out a little right now.

Come on Joey, you're proven yourself to be more than worthy of being the frontman of Anthrax again, you don't have to rub it in their face!

Come on Joey, you're proven yourself to be more than worthy of being the frontman of Anthrax again, you don't have to rub it in their face!

That's exaggerating a bit, I don't think he's rubbing it in their face. Joey seems like a very humble dude and I just think he's being honest with the fans. But I hear what you're saying, I've definitely thought 'yikes' a few times too when reading these interviews, but more because of what Scott and Charlie's reaction would be, not because of Joey being snooty.

That's exaggerating a bit, I don't think he's rubbing it in their face. Joey seems like a very humble dude and I just think he's being honest with the fans. But I hear what you're saying, I've definitely thought 'yikes' a few times too when reading these interviews, but more because of what Scott and Charlie's reaction would be, not because of Joey being snooty.
Joey is indeed VERY humble, in fact he may be the humblest person I know, period.

I really don't know what to say/think about these interviews lately. Sometimes, I think things can depend on how you hear it. Like some things can look a lot worse in print than to be heard in person; you lose a lot of the inflections and tones of voice, etc. At any one of Joey's solo shows I've seen since he rejoined Anthrax, he hasn't had anything but good things to say about Scott or Charlie. He's not blindly praising them per se, but he hasn't said anything that could even remotely be interpreted negatively.

I've been reading all these interviews and I've been going Yikes! every once in a while. Hopefully things will stay cool within the band even though Joey's kind of venting out a little right now.

I think they slagged on him for so many years and he knows this time he was the second choice that it's still very much a bitter pill for him.

I don't think he's rubbing it in anyone's face. If anything he seems like he's holding back while just trying to keep things honest.

they are not getting younger so they should keep their shit together with the current lineup.

I know they dont have anything together. Big 4 at Yankee Stadium was announced months in advanced and they never practiced for their performance.

You really think they need to practice for the same songs they always play? Indians, Caught In A Mosh, Fight EM they play 10 Billion Times. They even played a brand new song on the spot and admitted they didn't practice and Scott pleaded if they fuck up, dont give them a hard time. Sounds like they really put in lots of musical effort for Yankee Stadium performance.