Recent pic

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
The band posted this not too long ago, I had heard that John and Charlie haven't talked in forever and here they are together, good to see!

Attachments

• anthrax.jpg
    anthrax.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: redfly
And so he should regret it, however I really liked what came after Joey's departure, well I liked SOWN anyway, the rest weren't great. Sure it was different and John's voice was different but I still think SOWN was their best record. Although I also believe Joey is their best singer so one goes against the other. Scott Ian has annoyed me for years I've liked what he's done with Anthrax, SOD, etc and I didn't even mind The Damned Things, but the guy himself comes off as an annoying prat who thinks he deserves everything.

And where the hell is this new "aggressive" album with a "hard hitting" songs we were promised nearly 2 years ago?

I know Ian recently said he regrets forcing Joey out in 1992 their career went into the toilet after
Yeah lol. He regrets it after failing to get Bush back and the Nelson debacle. If they didn't get Joey back after that they were done in my opinion. But right up until all that failing he was still bashing Joey. And now they are making more money than ever. I'm not sure it's Joey he's really happy about or the money.
Which depresses me to even think that way.

Reactions: VoltronLions
And so he should regret it, however I really liked what came after Joey's departure, well I liked SOWN anyway, the rest weren't great. Sure it was different and John's voice was different but I still think SOWN was their best record. Although I also believe Joey is their best singer so one goes against the other. Scott Ian has annoyed me for years I've liked what he's done with Anthrax, SOD, etc and I didn't even mind The Damned Things, but the guy himself comes off as an annoying prat who thinks he deserves everything.

And where the hell is this new "aggressive" album with a "hard hitting" songs we were promised nearly 2 years ago?

SOWN was a great record no doubt but most of what came after not so much and I hear you on Ian being annoying I heard Dan Spitz doesnt get along with him either https://metalinjection.net/latest-n...alls-out-ex-bandmates-for-telling-fairy-tales

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Yeah lol. He regrets it after failing to get Bush back and the Nelson debacle. If they didn't get Joey back after that they were done in my opinion. But right up until all that failing he was still bashing Joey. And now they are making more money than ever. I'm not sure it's Joey he's really happy about or the money.
Which depresses me to even think that way.

Yes Anthrax is a bigger band now mainly because Joey is back singing with them he was the voice of the band what made them unique a thrash band with a real singer

SOWN was a great record no doubt but most of what came after not so much and I hear you on Ian being annoying I heard Dan Spitz doesnt get along with him either https://metalinjection.net/latest-n...alls-out-ex-bandmates-for-telling-fairy-tales

I must admit I never kept up much with the spat between Dan and the band. I liked Dan, I liked Anthrax but it wasn't Joey leaving (which at the time I was shocked at), and it wasn't Dan leaving that changed my opinion of the band it was Stomp442 and Vol 8. I didn't dislike We've Come For You All as much but even that album took me a while to like. They have redeemed themselves a little bit with Worship Music and Kings but they are not they band they once were. There also seemed to be an attitude change around the same time as Stomp which sucked.

I know a lot of things have changed since the 80's and 90's when I first started listening to thrash and we had bands playing several nights a week, even in out little backward world of Aussieland, but many of the players have changed too. I don't like the way Scott Ian, and too a lesser degree Charlie, come off in the press. Scott especially comes off as a know it all twat, a guy who thinks he is better than the fans he plays too, he never used to be like that. Frankie on the other hand comes off completely different, all the press he's done for his album with Dave Jnr has been really good and the guy always comes off looking and sounding professional.

I think Ian should step back from being what appears to be the band's spokesman and let Frankie and Joey do it all! Aahhhhh dreams!

Yes Anthrax is a bigger band now mainly because Joey is back singing with them he was the voice of the band what made them unique a thrash band with a real singer

I'm really surprised at the effort Joey puts in. He might not be as sprightly as he once was but shit he still owns that stage on a good show. Then reading an article a few weeks back where in his own band he plays drums for 6 hours a night, holy crap what an effort.

I must admit I never kept up much with the spat between Dan and the band. I liked Dan, I liked Anthrax but it wasn't Joey leaving (which at the time I was shocked at), and it wasn't Dan leaving that changed my opinion of the band it was Stomp442 and Vol 8. I didn't dislike We've Come For You All as much but even that album took me a while to like. They have redeemed themselves a little bit with Worship Music and Kings but they are not they band they once were. There also seemed to be an attitude change around the same time as Stomp which sucked.

I know a lot of things have changed since the 80's and 90's when I first started listening to thrash and we had bands playing several nights a week, even in out little backward world of Aussieland, but many of the players have changed too. I don't like the way Scott Ian, and too a lesser degree Charlie, come off in the press. Scott especially comes off as a know it all twat, a guy who thinks he is better than the fans he plays too, he never used to be like that. Frankie on the other hand comes off completely different, all the press he's done for his album with Dave Jnr has been really good and the guy always comes off looking and sounding professional.

I think Ian should step back from being what appears to be the band's spokesman and let Frankie and Joey do it all! Aahhhhh dreams!

this is a great interview but Joey barely gets a word in

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Scott Ians's book Im the man is a good read, even if you aint too fond of him he takes ownership and wasn't a very happy guy from sown till Volume,alot of things were going from bad to worse and joey waa the fall guy,looking back he pretty much says he was wrong to get rid of Joey,probably means less after its all said and done but he didnt have to do that in his book.