Recent pic

I don't know that I have a favourite Maiden album any more. With a back catalogue like theirs I'd probably prefer a best of, although Book Of Souls gets played the most lately.

Reactions: VoltronLions
They were all basically1 or 2 years apart until the last 3 albums. Don't know why the change.

Basically because now a days for a band to subsist they need to go on tour, selling records stopped being the main source of income for a band.

Added to that Anthrax was never a very prolific band.

Sure a band needs to go on tour, but they need to sell merchandise too and that includes selling records. People seem to forget that back in the 80's and 90's these bands still had overheads, still had bills, still had all the same shit they have today, what they didn't have is the competition. Competition makes it easy to discover new bands and forget the bands that don't put stuff out regularly. Back then it was all good to write an album, record and album, tour an album, sell merch, have a break, rinse , repeat. The same process still works in this day and age to the bands who want it. The difference is some seem to have sense of entitlement that they think carries them through, others just get on with their stuff and do what they do.

Reactions: redfly
Ha ha they still sound good live

Variety would be good but yeah they do. I'm regularly surprised just how good Joey's voice is on stage night after night.

Perhaps with all these old songs Scott's going to be transcribing onto paper so he can dedicate them to fans for $95 a piece he can relearn some of the old tracks and remember there is more than just the current set list. Although he wont be getting $95 of me,if I'm paying for him to dedicated a song and personalised message to me I want him to write a song for the purpose, not repackage something old, that's not a dedication.

Empire Of The Clouds is epic 18 mins? jeez most very ambitious

For me it's the fact they risked putting a song that long on the album that says the most. Many bands couldn't pull off song that long and even less could make it a great song for the entire length. Iron Maiden do have a thing for long songs but 18 minutes is long even for them.

Variety would be good but yeah they do. I'm regularly surprised just how good Joey's voice is on stage night after night.

Perhaps with all these old songs Scott's going to be transcribing onto paper so he can dedicate them to fans for $95 a piece he can relearn some of the old tracks and remember there is more than just the current set list. Although he wont be getting $95 of me,if I'm paying for him to dedicated a song and personalised message to me I want him to write a song for the purpose, not repackage something old, that's not a dedication.

I think Joey best part of the band now, his voice sounds strong

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
For me it's the fact they risked putting a song that long on the album that says the most. Many bands couldn't pull off song that long and even less could make it a great song for the entire length. Iron Maiden do have a thing for long songs but 18 minutes is long even for them.

That is because Maiden is a band of integrity,top notch musicianship and songwriting craft

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
I think Joey best part of the band now, his voice sounds strong

For sure, without Joey Anthrax would have little interest for me. SOD was SOD, The Damned Things were okay but nothing startling. Frankie and Jnr's A&A was good and very listenable, but Anthrax is not Anthrax without Joey and although I don't think he came back into the fold great I think he has definitely improved in the last few years.