Recent Purchases

mmmmmmmmmmmmm I just look at it as a book hehehehe its something to read :p I could give a shit who wrote it I can still use it as a paperweight :D hehehe

I gots teh good eyes.. And I've heard a lot of good things about that book.

I gots my new hockey stick today. I bought one on clearance, broke it the second time I used it, and ccm just sent me a replacment. I'm stoked.

Really? Explain yourself. I'm interested.
I'm gonna try.
It may appear as weird but I support churches burning. They're the strongest and most absurd symbol of a religion I hate. Burning a church is something important and somehow bad, as they're historical and architectural monuments, I admit it, but I really cannot stand anymore the presence and implication of religion in the modern world, especially in scandinavian countries where it is predominant (you have a fucking CROSS on your flags). So in a sense, the provocations and acts of the black circle members weren't "useless", they are similar to an idea of rebellion against a "traditional heritage" they don't feel related to. It's as if I was forced to celebrate the day we gave the country to the nazis. I don't indentify myself as a traditions supporter.
They were too much blamed. Burn a library, you're just a pyromaniac. Burn a church, you deserve death and the whole world prays for you to go to hell. That's unfair : culture deserves more to be "sacred" than churches.

The problem is : if you burn churches because they represent a religion, you cannot pretend to be a satanist, since it is A RELIGION ASWELL. That's the most stupid point of the book : interviews of musicians who claim they worship Satan, pentagrams... Well maybe the whole "satanist" thing. Everybody who follow a religion is cheated to me : satanists included. Satanist most that the other ones maybe : you can't worship God since it's an illusion and he doesn't exist, but you have to pray the Dark Lord because he's your master. Clever.
But satanism is often bad considered and misundestood. I've read the Satanic Bible, and what I've constated is that it's in major part a matter of self-construction, the pursuit of explications, and it's more a philosophical concept than a spiritual one. The human being is above everything ("The only god to save should be you" if I remember), and it's somehow more tolerant than any religion. So even if I don't support it (nobody can lead me and I don't kneel to anyone, sorry) I liked this idea of satanism being, in the end, the less violent of all religions. It's only its wrong interpretation by dumbasses who torture animals to please Satan that make it evil.

Second, the story about the birth of black metal as a musical movement is poorly, pooooorly written. Omissions, errors, misinterpretations, you can't write so much bullshit in the one and only solid book about BM.
And oh : some ideas as "BM is only personal music, you yell to make yourself feel better" is definitely stupid. I don't yell myself, but I consider BM as a strong form of art, even when I'm fine.

After that, this is still a fascinating and interesting story (the black circle, the mafia they created, the alliances and tensions between musicians, the ideology of hate), it looks like a snow-opera, something in the genre. Too bad this book is too cheated and fashioned to be credible.

I'm gonna try.
It may appear as weird but I support churches burning. They're the strongest and most absurd symbol of a religion I hate. Burning a church is something important and somehow bad, as they're historical and architectural monuments, I admit it, but I really cannot stand anymore the presence and implication of religion in the modern world, especially in scandinavian countries where it is predominant (you have a fucking CROSS on your flags). So in a sense, the provocations and acts of the black circle members weren't "useless", they are similar to an idea of rebellion against a "traditional heritage" they don't feel related to. It's as if I was forced to celebrate the day we gave the country to the nazis. I don't indentify myself as a traditions supporter.
They were too much blamed. Burn a library, you're just a pyromaniac. Burn a church, you deserve death and the whole world prays for you to go to hell. That's unfair : culture deserves more to be "sacred" than churches.

The problem is : if you burn churches because they represent a religion, you cannot pretend to be a satanist, since it is A RELIGION ASWELL. That's the most stupid point of the book : interviews of musicians who claim they worship Satan, pentagrams... Well maybe the whole "satanist" thing. Everybody who follow a religion is cheated to me : satanists included. Satanist most that the other ones maybe : you can't worship God since it's an illusion and he doesn't exist, but you have to pray the Dark Lord because he's your master. Clever.
But satanism is often bad considered and misundestood. I've read the Satanic Bible, and what I've constated is that it's in major part a matter of self-construction, the pursuit of explications, and it's more a philosophical concept than a spiritual one. The human being is above everything ("The only god to save should be you" if I remember), and it's somehow more tolerant than any religion. So even if I don't support it (nobody can lead me and I don't kneel to anyone, sorry) I liked this idea of satanism being, in the end, the less violent of all religions. It's only its wrong interpretation by dumbasses who torture animals to please Satan that make it evil.

Second, the story about the birth of black metal as a musical movement is poorly, pooooorly written. Omissions, errors, misinterpretations, you can't write so much bullshit in the one and only solid book about BM.
And oh : some ideas as "BM is only personal music, you yell to make yourself feel better" is definitely stupid. I don't yell myself, but I consider BM as a strong form of art, even when I'm fine.

After that, this is still a fascinating and interesting story (the black circle, the mafia they created, the alliances and tensions between musicians, the ideology of hate), it looks like a snow-opera, something in the genre. Too bad this book is too cheated and fashioned to be credible.

You sir are a very intelligent person and you speak well.

/offtopic

I bought Excitebike for the NES.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

:(

^^I would be so mad I'd probabley pop a vein in my head lol.

almost like on pokemon where they get the huge vein thing going in their face.

Just got me new PC. w00t w00t.

XFX ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
AMD Athlon II X4 Quad Core 620 2.60GHz (Socket AM3)
Corsair TX 650W ATX SLi Compliant Power Supply (CMPSU-650TXUK)
Asus M4A77TD Pro AMD 770 (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL)
Saitek Cyborg Illuminated Gamers Keyboard - Multi-Colour Backlight
Antec 300 Three Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case - Black
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (ST3500418AS)
Sony Optiarc AD-5240S 24x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)
Edimax EW-7711UAN 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Network Adapter