Recent Purchases

r2nh1u.jpg

oms6q.jpg

24opn69.jpg

2a65lb8.jpg

9zy4it.jpg
x2

Fuck year

Ah...looks like someone has some MIG welding to do.

You ever try stick welding? Hell of a lot easier IMO, and cheaper. No gas or wire to buy, just the welding rods.

What are those? Is that just sheet metal? I'm really curious as to what you are making now.

Thats sheet metal, gonna use that on a car.

I have stick welding too, its equally easy but not really suitable for sub-2mm welding. I prefer stick welding for construction welding(3mm and up)
MIG is a heluva lot easier to use when welding thin plates

Plate is 0.7mm thick, and will be used to reinforce and restore an old 60's model Opel that my grandpa owns.

Thats sheet metal, gonna use that on a car.

I have stick welding too, its equally easy but not really suitable for sub-2mm welding. I prefer stick welding for construction welding(3mm and up)
MIG is a heluva lot easier to use when welding thin plates

Plate is 0.7mm thick, and will be used to reinforce and restore an old 60's model Opel that my grandpa owns.

Nice.

I agree. Once I read how thin that was, stick welding that would prob not be the best idea.

I work in a metal shop so we get to dick around welding shit all the time, except its all like 18g metal doors and frames for commercial buildings. So not nearly as cool as working on cars.

Haha nice, I went to school for metal works and welding and worked at a couple of shops before and during that time

I actually prefer working on larger constructions and using bigger welds and techniques. Working on cars is kind of a bitch due to all the awkward angles and its hard to get everything clean and free of rust with for example an angle grinder.
Welding on 0.7mm plate also requires a lot of fine tuning and incredibly exact temperatures, no room for mistake, or you'll be spending the next half an hour mending the massive holes you just created. lol

But all in all, its fun

Yea, I find it pretty fun as well.

Especially when some splatter jumps down my shoe and melts a hole in my foot. HAHAHA!

Also, who is that little black kid dancing and what is that from? It cracks me up everytime I watch it. His face is priceless.

Haha, i find welding upside-down to be the worst, fucking spray all over my head and on my arms, feels bad man. At least the welds turn out good though lol

No idea who he is, just found it and lold

I have an unused 11-70 GHS set laying around. I'd put it on my JS30RR if IT WOULD FIT THROUGH THE FUCKING TUNING HOLE.

lolz. Mine was a tight fit too(i bet all regular tuners are), just be a man and push harder. Also, pliers and pulling works too. Derp. the .70 sounds and feels great in A

lolz. Mine was a tight fit too(i bet all regular tuners are), just be a man and push harder. Also, pliers and pulling works too. Derp. the .70 sounds and feels great in A

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g_fdUVozWY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]