recent shows

I saw it; it was phenomenal. Gravehill and Abyssmal Nocturne were pretty kick-ass, and Enslaved got the crowd going wild. Arsis and The Faceless were alright, but I didn't really get into it and just pestered them. I shouted "death to false metal!" at the Faceless and nearly got beat up for it.

And the Agonist was mysteriously missing...much to my delight.

I wish I had known about the show in advance :cry:

the last show i saw was Abigail Williams (horrible live)/Enslaved/Dark Funeral. it was at the Oakland Metro. Enslaved was awesome but other than that i wasn't impressed. the venue fucking sucked too (no outside smoking area????). i think it's been about a year since that show.

i'm still pissed that The Pound closed. we haven't had shit for metal shows come through here since then. the only decent bands that come through always play on weeknights in SF. living in the east bay and going to those shows sucks when you have to work the next day.

Last show I went to was The Black Crusade last night in Cardiff arena.

Shadows Fall played a nice little set which got the crowd warmed up, Arch Enemy played an awesome but criminally short set, Dragonforce had everyone laughing and throwing their horns up in the air - they played excellently but their sound was terrible, Trivium played well but had no stage presence at all so I completely lost interest after two songs and finally Machine Head dominated the evening with a great set, great sound and a ravenous crowd response.

I quit seeing regular metal bands. I only expect to see Boris,Sunn 0))),Wolves In The Throne Room,Jesu and Odious Mortem in the future. Metal gigs are just boring. I am still exploring indie gigs. But I am guessing it will still be a mess.

KICK ASS SHOW! you can read the full review tommorow with loads of pictures.

ALL HAIL METAL!
~gR~

-Desaster and Compulsive Slaughter
Great Show by both bands. I did not expect Compulsive Slaughter to be good because they are a totally unknown Death metal band and that's usually not so good life. But i was positively surprised.

-Ultima Ratio Festival
(all bands we saw were good. Helrunar was great.)

-Grave Digger
(good as always)

I saw Dying Fetus in the summer and bought Infatuatiion with Malevolence and Purification Through Violence directly from them. It was an alright show.

I saw Dying Fetus in the summer and bought Infatuatiion with Malevolence and Purification Through Violence directly from them. It was an alright show.

Those are great older DF releases, my favorite f/ them is still Killing on Adrenline.

Caught the Death by Decibals tour last Sat. I cannot say enough about Malevolent Creation. I could be a bit partial, never seeing the band before, but they were beyond killer!

I saw it; it was phenomenal. Gravehill and Abyssmal Nocturne were pretty kick-ass, and Enslaved got the crowd going wild. Arsis and The Faceless were alright, but I didn't really get into it and just pestered them. I shouted "death to false metal!" at the Faceless and nearly got beat up for it.

And the Agonist was mysteriously missing...much to my delight.

What was the set list for Enslaved? I'm seeing them tomorrow.

Just got back from the Enslaved show in Kentucky. They closed with Allfadr Odinn, which pleased me greatly. All of the local bands were also surprisingly really good.

Just got back from the Enslaved show in Kentucky. They closed with Allfadr Odinn, which pleased me greatly. All of the local bands were also surprisingly really good.
I was wondering that show went, since one bands from my area here in Indiana, Purgatorium, were playing.
I didn't go to it last night because I saw A Life Once Lost, Dillinger Escape Plan, Genghis Tron, and a local band Sentinel play.
It was a good show since it was such a small venue and that allowed for some more crowd and band interaction(ALOL vocalist stage dived onto to me and some surrounding fans). ALOL and Sentinel were pretty good, Genghis Tron and Dillinger Escape Plan I couldnt really stand though.