Attendance: 3,373
Capacity: 6,200

Artist/Event: ALICE COOPER, SUPAGROUP
Venue: Ruth Eckerd Hall
City/State: Clearwater, Fla.
Date: Sept. 29, 2005
Attendance: 1,611
Capacity: 1,982

SAXON COULD EASILY OUTDRAW A GOOD NUMBER OF THESE GROUPS. IF THEY PULL IN 250-300 A SHOW, THEY ARE IN GOOD COMPANY.
KREATOR HAS THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR AND THEY COULD ONLY DRAW 150 PEOPLE. BUT YET THEY TOUR NORTH AMERICA REGULARLY .and probably lose $ doing it?

KREATOR \m/

That makes quite depressing reading and I am totally shocked that Krokus only managed to get 96 punters in to see them. They are fantastic, I've seen them a few times and I would love to see them play in Glasgow again. Hopefully they will maybe come over in 2006, I'm sure they would get loads more than 96 people to see them. And Whitesnake as well, that's another shocker, only about 550 folk bothered to check them out, that's unreal!!

Looks like Cleveland, Ohio isn't much into Metal these days:err:

The attendance numbers for the NY/NJ are are usually very good.

Bruce Dickinson even said when they toured here last year "The NY/NJ are is the heart and soul of heavey metal" :cool:

I think I remember a friend saying he said that at another gig too :lol:

Interesting figures I wonder if wouter could get the attendance figures and capacity figures for saxon of the lionheart tour and future ones including the places where they played next to the figures might be something maybe to add to the saxon site as something new maybe

Interesting point you make showing those figures. Quite suprising really.

Golden_Goose said:
Looks like Cleveland, Ohio isn't much into Metal these days:err:

The attendance numbers for the NY/NJ are are usually very good.

Bruce Dickinson even said when they toured here last year "The NY/NJ are is the heart and soul of heavey metal" :cool:

I think I remember a friend saying he said that at another gig too :lol:

"Hello Cleveland!" :D

Shitesnake oops I mean Whitesnake are now reaping the rewards for abondoning all the british fanbase after the Slide it In album. They went all Big Hair, and concentrated on the USA, now they're trying to get back to basics no-ones bothered!!!

One of the things i love about metal is the amount of talent and the good shows they put on.Gwar are something i dont understand.Mind who am i to talk i cant stand Monowar either:lol: .

I saw Krokus in September in New York State and I counted less than 50 people,a shame as the band was excellant.The UFO,Mountain,Derringer show drew less than 300.Both those tickets cost less than 20 dollars.The Rolling Stones sold out the arena here(19,000 seats)in 45 minutes,tickets ranged from 450-750 bucks.ACDC,Aerosmith,Kiss all sold out recent shows.A free Grand Funk,Edgar Winter show in Aug drew 30,000.Steve

spaster said:
I saw Krokus in September in New York State and I counted less than 50 people,a shame as the band was excellant.The UFO,Mountain,Derringer show drew less than 300.Both those tickets cost less than 20 dollars.The Rolling Stones sold out the arena here(19,000 seats)in 45 minutes,tickets ranged from 450-750 bucks.ACDC,Aerosmith,Kiss all sold out recent shows.A free Grand Funk,Edgar Winter show in Aug drew 30,000.Steve

If people in this country knew anything about music other than what is spoonfed to them by the mass media, they would blow off those overpriced Stones shows and check out some of these bands that get less attention. Not knocking the Stones, but why the hell would anyone want to see them for any three-figure price when they could see UFO for $20 and actually be able to SEE the band without a TV screen? :yuk:

secret_weapon said:
If people in this country knew anything about music other than what is spoonfed to them by the mass media, they would blow off those overpriced Stones shows and check out some of these bands that get less attention. Not knocking the Stones, but why the hell would anyone want to see them for any three-figure price when they could see UFO for $20 and actually be able to SEE the band without a TV screen? :yuk:

Mate the STONES are soooo overpriced. Legends in their own lunchtime but soooo overpriced :)

I agree but the stones just make feel that rock n roll is still alive and well.If Saxon can make an album half as good as there recent one in 15 years time then we have got great Saxon albums to look forward to.I will be willing to pay £100 to see the stone next year.But i shall spend twice that seeing new bands and old favourites.

I went to the Stones farewell tour..........................in 1985! I wanted to see them before they called it a day. Looks like I needn't have rushed! They were good though! I've seen 'em now so won't be going again and certainly not for that money.

Heavy Metal had it`s time and place in the USA already. It became like Punk, Grunge and Disco. Pretty much dead and underground. It will never be as big as it once was and we have to face that reality. Just ain`t never gonna be again. All older metal bands are just nostalgic acts now here no matter how much one wants NOT to admit it. Hey, I realize when I go, I go for the songs of my youth. To bring me back in memory to when I was younger. It`s nostalgic and thats all it will ever be. It`s a shame too, because bands like Dio, Maiden are still putting out some really great new stuff that most kids today will never hear since it will never be played on MTV or the radio. Plus most, if not all, kids today do not want to be associated with mom and dads music. It`s old stuff to them. They want their own bands to follow and want their own identity.

RayNJ said:
Heavy Metal had it`s time and place in the USA already. It became like Punk, Grunge and Disco. Pretty much dead and underground. It will never be as big as it once was and we have to face that reality. Just ain`t never gonna be again. All older metal bands are just nostalgic acts now here no matter how much one wants NOT to admit it. Hey, I realize when I go, I go for the songs of my youth. To bring me back in memory to when I was younger. It`s nostalgic and thats all it will ever be. It`s a shame too, because bands like Dio, Maiden are still putting out some really great new stuff that most kids today will never hear since it will never be played on MTV or the radio. Plus most, if not all, kids today do not want to be associated with mom and dads music. It`s old stuff to them. They want their own bands to follow and want their own identity.

I dig what your saying but i dont agree.The minute kids start enjoying their parents music then something is wrong.As a kid i hated 60s and 70s music.Now i love it.My dad used to tell how good Dylan was and i didnt get it now i do.
I agree metal has had its day but only for now.Its changing its exciting and i dont get a lot of it .But its great to see kids in Amen and Turbonegro tshirts,looking at me like im an old cunt.
Look at the way blues has developed into rap.Its stll the voice of the youth.