Climb Thar Hill

not family oriented
Jan 23, 2006
Tomb of the Giants
Stumbled upon this group whilst reading through The Convivial Hermit #6

Really digging some of their stuff.

Dark Folk/New Wave/Post/etc/etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been spinning An Interlude to the Outermost constantly this past week. Definitely enjoying that one more than Nebulous Dreams (which is a great album). Currently awaiting Aquarius Records to ship Hewers Of Wood And Drawers Of Water.

Ellestin: Do you know of any other bands that have this sort of style? I constantly see Current 93 being name dropped around other forums but I'm clueless about them.

Ellestin: Do you know of any other bands that have this sort of style? I constantly see Current 93 being name dropped around other forums but I'm clueless about them.

not too sure. Kiss the Anus... are pretty unique in a sense, I think you'd get disappointed trying to hear similarities to them in other bands.

Current 93 have an overwhelming amount of releases, leaving one to sort the wheat from the chaff. They have some outstanding releases though, All the Pretty Little Horses, Soft Black Stars and Thunder Pefect Mind are all sine qua non stations of the dark folk genre. Their live shows are a treat, too.

Last edited by a moderator: