RECO: Martyrdöd - In Extremis

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
Gentlemen,
I present, for your review, the Swedish crust band Martyrdöd. Starts out sounding like a solid piece of Skitsystem worship, however I find them to be a good deal more metallic, perhaps even catchier. Why are the Swedes so angry?

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened but I dunno what I think, not feelin' the genre as such but this might be good. Will try more.

that's what I've been telling myself for years with all these crüst/punk/metal bands. It sounds roots and dirty as fuck, but ultimately I'd rather listen to Transilvanian Hunger or good old fucking At the Gates, not something trying to bridge the two with a measure of urban ghetto coolitude on top.

that's what I've been telling myself for years with all these crüst/punk/metal bands. It sounds roots and dirty as fuck, but ultimately I'd rather listen to Transilvanian Hunger or good old fucking At the Gates, not something trying to bridge the two with a measure of urban ghetto coolitude on top.

exactly, but maybe we're just missing something?

I actually need to give WBoW credit, I've been listening to this and their most recent a lot... the new one, Paranoia, is killer crust. Total sleeper hit for me.