"The Inner Circle" awarded 4 out of 5 in Sweden's largest evening newspaper!

Brunnis

Mar 6, 2003
Gothenburg, Sweden
Visit site
You might remember that Aftonbladet, Sweden's largest evening newspaper, gave "Recreation Day" a measly 2 out of 5 last year. The guy that wrote the review then admitted in an article at the end of the year that he did indeed regret the low rating he gave the disc. All nice and well in the end. :)

Well, today I got the paper in my hand and quickly searched it for a review of "The Inner Circle"... Found it and was very positively surprised to find a rating of 4 out of 5! And by the same guy that reviewed "Recreation Day" last year!

From the review: "A Swedish Operation: Mindcrime" and "[Evergrey] ...hereby offers what may very well be the most ambitious, but at the same time frightenly engaging, metal history that has been written in Sweden." :headbang:

You may wonder why this is such a big deal, but I'm quite sure that Aftonbladet's reviews has got a pretty large effect on which albums people buy. In other words: this may open up the eyes of us swedes a little so that we may realise that we have one of the greatest hardrock bands in history right here! :D

Have a nice weekend folks!

That's excellent news. I can't wait to hear how many CD's that they sell in the first month. It's going to be much larger than any of their other releases I am sure.

Swedish Operation: Mindcrime... I like the sound of that ;) Hopefully, "Inner Circle" can get some major press over here in North America!

I got a Belgian Metal Magazine and they reviewed The Inner Circle
It got 7/7 !!!!!! :worship:
The Belgian metal magazine doesn't give 7 points that much
only the masters!

MetalBanger said:
I got a Belgian Metal Magazine and they reviewed The Inner Circle
It got 7/7 !!!!!! :worship:
The Belgian metal magazine doesn't give 7 points that much
only the masters!
Now, that's really cool! Let's hope people buy this album like crazy now that the reviews are starting to show how good it is. :)