recomend me few bands (preferably non american)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The members of Farmakon used to post here way back, dunno what happened to them though..

Woods of Ypres: Pursuit of the sun & allure of the Earth.
Mercenary: 11 dreams
Compos Mentis: Fragments of a withered dream
More Principium Est: Inhumanity, The unborn.
Evergrey: All their albums
Anathema
In The Woods
Entwine
Sentenced: The cold white light
Saturnus: Paradise Belongs to you, Martyre

A few good bands not sounding like others:

Skyforger "Thunderforge" (Lativa)
Christ Agony "Monlight Act III" (Poland)
Voyager "Element V" (Australia) this guy has an awesome mellow voice!!

3 really underestimated bands!!

Yeah :hotjump: :hotjump:

Um, ruling out American bands just cause they're...American? WTF's up with that? I though we should keep an open mind and just listen to good music.

Not too brutal? Are you sure you should be in this forum, little boy? Perhaps you should go play in the Cold Play forum...

:guh:

Deadlift said:
Here you have 3 songs: (Demo free to download)

http://homepage.mac.com/soulrot/terror.html

Band name: Terror

Lineup
Anders Björler (The Haunted)
Jonas Björler (The Haunted)
Jon Nödtveit(Dissection)
Adrian Erlandsson(Cradle of filth)

;)

FUCK! Really...?

I have a promo lying round here somewhere that I have not yet played.

What is the betting that it is not the same band...

fhare said:
Um, ruling out American bands just cause they're...American? WTF's up with that? I though we should keep an open mind and just listen to good music.

Not too brutal? Are you sure you should be in this forum, liitle boy? Perhaps you should go play in the Cold Play forum...

Actually, it's a chick.

fhare said:

Not too brutal? Are you sure you should be in this forum, liitle boy? Perhaps you should go play in the Cold Play forum...

1. different countries tend to have noticeably different styles within metal
2. if you think opeth are brutal.....:lol:

Atrox (one of the most original bands around, especially as far as the vocals are concerned; they don´t fit any subgenre)
Coroner (from Switzerland; one of the best thrash metal bands ever)
Hexenhaus (thrash metal with a progressive touch from Sweden)
Mekong Delta (German thrash metal band with a very unique sound; they also covered some classical pieces on their albums like e.g. Mussorgsky´s "Night On A Bare Mountain")
Sieges Even (very technical stuff, especially on "Steps" and "Sophisticated"; their albums all sound very different from each other)

I also second the recommendations of Candlemass and Madder Mortem.

Spawnof84 said:
I picked up my first My Dying Bride CD (Songs of darkness words of light) and i must say im really liking this album at first listen i thought it was a bit cheesy but after a while it got better and better. can anyone recommend some others from my dying bride that i should check out????

I like "Angel and the Dark River" and "The Darkest Hours" the best. "Gods of the Sun" is pretty good too, but kinda drags towards the end.

wow

Loads of recomendations... I think checking out these bands will jkeep me busy for a while. This thread surely was a succes! thanks!

polarity said:
1. different countries tend to have noticeably different styles within metal
2. if you think opeth are brutal.....:lol:

eh? I never said Opeth were brutal, vamp asked for "not brutal". And the little boy comment was meant figuratively not literally.

I have also corrected my most egregious spelling error, oh mavens of all things grammatical, please pardon my typing skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.