Recommed CD's here....

sean-intense

Voice of INTENSE
Sep 9, 2002
UK
www.intense-uk.com
almost a Now Playing ....or last CD bought but not quite...

I recently got the new Warrel Dane and Firewind albums... both are stonking but Warrel is being played more at the moment....

And did it meet with your expectations ???

I don't think it's quite as good as the old stuff musically. The riffs just don't seem to be as brutal as they used to be. But bloody hell Barlow sounds good. It's so good to hear his voice again. It's easily better than their last 2 records anyway. There are 2 or 3 tracks that I love on it, but the rest of it is pretty solid as well. I'd give it maybe 7/10 overall.

Although its been heavily criticized, i do like the new Cryptopsy album, 'Unspoken King'. Ok, its not 'None So Vile' part 2, but anyone that has followed the band over the years can hear that the band have been steadily changing, rather than the 'oh, they've gone all nu-metal and arn't playing 10,000 b.p.m anymore' type of criticism they've got on this album. But somehow i like it, great bass playing as always ;) and the drummer is hardly slow!

I've been a Testament fan for many, many years, but i feel like i'm the only person on the plant who isn't too keen on the new album. It's OK, but i thought 'The Gathering' was much better.

For Iced Earth, i think 'Something Wicked' is considered the all round great album, it has a good mix of fast, mid tempo and slow songs. Although i prefer 'Night of the Stormrider' for its speed and aggression, if you like the faster stuff and 'Burnt Offerings' as it has this dark kind of feel to the album (due to some bad times in the band at that point, hence the title) which i strangely like!

I thought the new Testament was a shocker as well. Talk about thrash by the numbers. As far as Iced Earth go, it's all about Alive in Athens! That way you get the older songs, but with Barlow singing them. I guess my favourite studio album is The Dark Saga though.

hey guy's how's it going ? for me the standout of 2008 has been judas preist-nostradamus

an amazing album imo and destined to become a true classic

this album has been getting heavy airplay in my car . seen alot of fan's knock this album on u-tube and have to disagree . imo this is one of the best album's they ever did , simply stunning . just need an open mind that's all

all the best to you sean and the band and ffs get ur ass down under will ya dammit , wanna c u guy's kick ass live

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Yeah you're right a lot of people have slated it over here but more so their live performance... might give it a try.

Hope all's well with you dude...

If you can persuade a promoter to get us down.. we'll be there... :headbang:

The CD I recommend is by a band called Green Carnation, and it's called Acoustic Verses. I had never heard about such a band, and when I made a quick research about it, I found out the band's over...:( I managed to download a song somewhere on the web, but the song's awful!! LOLL Nothing like the album I got...so, I suppose they were a sort of trash metal band or something, and suddenly decided to go acoustic...hahhaha Anyway, highly recommended, it's a sort of Pain of Salvation type of music, loved it!