Recommend a comfortable computer mouse

hey lads,

i recently got a nice computer keyboard after a year of using the standard dell piece of shit. now i think i need a nice mouse to go with it, the standard dell one im using now isn't very comfortable, and im starting to get very slight strains in my mouse hand, so i need to replace it asap.

so recommend me something :)
points to consider:

-i've got big hands, i can't stand "small" mice
-i prefer wired mice, but wouldn't mind a nice wireless if it was worth it.
-extra programmable buttons would be cool but not essential.
-must be mac compatible, cos im dual booting between Vista and OS X.

also, can anyone say if a trackball based mouse would be worth it?

thanks lads :)

I use the Logitech MX 518 and it fits just perfectly in my hand. Love it ;)
But because everyone is different i think you should just test several mice in a store.

Generally for me, the logitech mouses (g5, g500, G7, m705, mx510, mx518 etc. - they all are big mouses, where your hand is resting on the mouse) are very comfortable, and i hate the razor-mouses (very small, you use them with 2 fingers) while a Friends of mine thinks the opposite..

I'd like to get a new mouse too.

I think I'm in between of a pretty design and ugly but useful comfort. ie, I'm getting either Magic Mouse or Logitech. If they made a white MX, I'd probably get it in a second. But they won't.

I probably shouldn't care this much which color my mouse is. Feels kind of stupid. But that's what you get for having a white MacBook and a nice aluminium keyboard (best feel ever)

No mouse will ever beat the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0, have been using them (on my 4th right now, I was a gamer... that wears on a mouse ;3) for at least 7 years.

I have a Logitech Performance Mouse MX and I love it - it was a bit more expensive than many, but with the amount of time I spend at my PC, it was worht the price - real comfortable - MAC compatible.

Forgot to mention, one of my favorite additions to my control capabilities was when I dragged out my old Nostromo n52 SpeedPad (use my mouse in my right hand and this in my left when editing and such). I had it from my good old days of multi-boxing in EverQuest (made controlling the four characters I used to run together so much easier. Well, one day I was looking for something else in my closet and found it in a box, went online, found out that Belkin had released Vista drivers, and loaded it up figuring I could Macro many of my common tasks in Sonar - sure enough, it worked like a champ. Not sure anyone else uses one of these, but it has been a welcome addition to my setup.

FUL1_F8GFPC100.jpg

Seriously, get one of these. It's awkward and difficult to get used to for about a week, but it's so amazing once you get the hang of it. I can literally work for hours with this thing and have zero carpal tunnel pain.

http://www.evoluent.com/

vm3_sm.jpg

Seriously, get one of these. It's awkward and difficult to get used to for about a week, but it's so amazing once you get the hang of it. I can literally work for hours with this thing and have zero carpal tunnel pain.

http://www.evoluent.com/

vm3_sm.jpg

Well, it kind of makes sense, not having to twist the wrist at all so it's natural. Ugly as hell though :zombie:

Speaking of carpal tunnel, I got one of these a couple of years ago:

http://www.imakproducts.com/product.php?c=Computer+Comfort&s=20128

I love it, use it ALL the time and I haven't had any wrist problems since (had it pretty bad before that). Apart from giving support to my palm, I think one of the other benefits from wearing it is that it keeps my wrist warm. I imagine that this has a lot to do with its success in my case.

And well, after getting it I haven't cared very much which mouse I use. Anything goes.

Speaking of carpal tunnel, I got one of these a couple of years ago:

http://www.imakproducts.com/product.php?c=Computer+Comfort&s=20128

I love it, use it ALL the time and I haven't had any wrist problems since (had it pretty bad before that). Apart from giving support to my palm, I think one of the other benefits from wearing it is that it keeps my wrist warm. I imagine that this has a lot to do with its success in my case.

And well, after getting it I haven't cared very much which mouse I use. Anything goes.

wow, that looks VERY interesting :)
i will have to get one of those some time