Recommend a comfortable computer mouse

KEN64325.gif

Kensington Expert Mouse.

I want to know how that would stack against this:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ShuttlePro2/

My guess is the trackball is enough to beat the one I put down but buttons yo!

my problem is that with smaller mice i end up kind of gripping it between my thumb and 3rd finger, which gets really uncomfortable.

That's what I seem to be doing all the time with my Mighty Mouse, I don't think it's that uncomfortable, actually it feels like I have a bit more control in the way I can move the mouse. To each his own...

That's what I seem to be doing all the time with my Mighty Mouse, I don't think it's that uncomfortable, actually it feels like I have a bit more control in the way I can move the mouse. To each his own...

right,
im finding a little strain develops after a while, pretty much right in the center of the back of my hand. and the mouse just "feels" way too small, like its always a lot of effort just to hold onto it.

maybe im weird :lol:

I hate trackballs, always will.

I used to really like my Logitech MX Revolution, but I wore out the left click in less than a year.
A bit pricey, but good shape (almost right for my hand, better than most others), lots of buttons, very customizable (more so on PC with UberOptions) and rechargable battery.
If I put in a new button I'm sure it would last a very long time. I'd send it in for warranty repair but I don't have my receipt :/

At one point I had a mouse with a broken left click, and my backup had a broken right click :lol:

I use fingers instead of wrist to move the mouse around, so I ended up with a logitech g9. A little overkill but have had much better luck with logi products then microsoft.

When ball mice seemed like a good enough idea, I'd just hold the mouse upside down and move the ball with my thumb to avoid having to move my wrist at all.

Jeff

totally different function set from what I can see, I honestly just use it as a normal mouse with a specific "cmd+w" function and horizontal scrolling switch built in.

I have thought about scoring a nice mouse like the 2 we just posted, but just can't seem to justify it anymore with a control surface. Scrolling, zooming, jogging, jumping from marker to marker, punching, etc... can all be done on my control surface.

I think my G5 is pretty comfy, and the G9 is supposed to be even more comfortable. I must say I'm pretty interested in the Evoluent now, though.

Logitech MX510 user for several years now. I was a gamer too, veryyy comfy mouse for me. Has like 7 buttons too. I haven't had to replace it yet and I dread the day that I will have to.

Seriously, get one of these. It's awkward and difficult to get used to for about a week, but it's so amazing once you get the hang of it. I can literally work for hours with this thing and have zero carpal tunnel pain.

http://www.evoluent.com/

vm3_sm.jpg

Bumping this thread cuz I really want a new mouse too for XMAS; this one looks fantastic (I didn't realize the position your hand was in until I went to the website and saw a pic of it in use, the "handshake" concept is pretty wild), but $120 for the wireless model, are they fucking high? :mad: Goddammit, I would love that thing, but that is just a sickening amount of money (and I HATE mice wires, a big reason being I have a laptop, thus I have enough wires on my desk as it is) Arrrggghhhh...

EDIT: Nevermind, a bunch of people on ebay have it brand new for $90, so suck a fat dick Evoluent! :D

I have the wired model, I think I paid $50 for it. But seriously though Marcus, GET IT, you won't be disappointed. It takes a little getting used to, but once you get accustomed it's an absolute dream to use!