Recommend me a good surgical EQ plugin!

long answer is yes, with a few exceptions, its merely how the GUI influences your decisions

...and how many bands are available, their q range, filter type options, etc.

Linear Phase EQ will sound different that standard Static EQ.

Fab-Filter Pro-Q covers all of this. I just happen to find the controls a little clumsy. Generaly, I think that the Pro-Q is the most complete EQ solution.

I second the DDMF EQs here. I have both and they are great

I have them and my only complaint is that some of the controls are wanky. Like if I'm trying to move the quality setting so I think "just dragging the mouse up and down on the value should work!" But it doesn't work smoothly, it feels like I guess.

But that's my only complaint.

I have them and my only complaint is that some of the controls are wanky. Like if I'm trying to move the quality setting so I think "just dragging the mouse up and down on the value should work!" But it doesn't work smoothly, it feels like I guess.

But that's my only complaint.

I agree with that. The clean UI is a plus, but the controls could be a little improved. Anyway, they are great sound and feature-wise

for transparent digital EQ, i still love the wavearts trackplug 5

EQ is flexible as fuck, and the compressor/gate are horribly underrated IMO

for transparent digital EQ, i still love the wavearts trackplug 5

Have used that, very transparent.

Annoyed the hell out of me that I couldn't adjust the bandwidth with the mouse wheel on the drag-the-dots bit.

Also the Q & rolloff of the LP & HP filters was fixed at 12dB/Oct Butterworth (nor the slope of the shelving wasn't adjustable either IIRC) which was a shame.

But for transparency, Trackplug 5 is spot on.

And no, all digital eq isn't the same. There's algorythms to smooth out the curves and stuff, which differ from one to another. Sounds nasty without them. Also maybe shortcuts to reduce CPU usage..?

Another vote for Apulsoft's EQ, fucking love that thing, it goes on every channel in my projects. If you want to know if it will work or not... just download the demo and try it dude, I don't see what the problem is lol.

Jyes, what this guy said.