Recommend me a quiet graphics card

Plankis

Apr 9, 2008
Sweden
www.soundclick.com
So with Diablo 3 now in the horizon I need to upgrade my graphics card. I got the GeForce 7300GS working it's limited, yet very loud magic at the moment...

So what I want is a gpu that can handle modern games, has hdmi outputs, supports bitstreaming and is VERY quiet.
Budget is around 150 dollars, but I'll stretch if there something remarkable.

I'd like to replace my cpu fan as well because of its loudness. Cpu is a Phenom II x4. Got any ideas there?

Cheers!

For the CPU one of the huge schythe's with no fan should be a decent choice. Expensive but damn solid.

Thanks guys!

Radeon HD 6850 seem to be a good choice. Tom's hardware seem to think it's a great buy. The noise levels seems decent too.

Something I noticed during this research is that several brands sells these things. Which one do I pick? Which brand do you have?
At Silentpcreview they got some impressive results with a Asus version that is about 10 dollars cheaper than the Sapphire and is also a lot quieter.

So the ASUS Radeon HD 6850 seems to be the best choice for me who values silence highly. Agreed? Or am I missing something?

RE: heatsinks, yeah I want the whole package with a heatsink and fan.
I tried to find the Be Quiet! on my favorite sites. But unfortunately they don't seem to carry that brand around here. Couldn't find any fanless Scythes either, not even on their website. All the ones that were fanless (that I looked at) had been discontinued.

Been doing some reading here too and the feeling I'm getting is that I'm going to have switch out the standard fan(s) if I want grreat results. On Silentpcreview their 2nd most recommended heatsink, they more or less suggests you to immediately switch them out. Go check their soundclips, it's a massive difference.
Meh, what a djungle...