Recommend me an audio interface/soundcard/converter

CJ & EA...cheers for the input. Guess my wallets gonna be more than a few Euros lighter, but I love that goofy grin feeling and there will be an Fireface on it's way shortly...

I got that feeling a couple of weeks ago when my US-2400 control surface arrived. It's slightly temperamental to keep stable, but I'm flying faders all over the place and it's made mixing fun again whereas with a mouse, it was a chore and it was had to motivate myself to spend time mixing. Just want my ears to get in on the fun a bit more too...

sry for my noob question
can i re-amp with Radial ProRMP using the podxt? i mean the non-pro version that in fact has re-amp feature

Machinated said:
Spark - Could you give me a bit more of a rundown of the US2400? I have been keeping my eye on one for a while now.

Sure thing. I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and it's a bit of a mixed beast really. It's basically a big toy for those of us who hate using a mouse and long for the old days of faders under our fingertips. It's nothing special in terms of features but it does simple things well.

Basically despite Tascam stating this thing will get you to the moon, you're really talking about 24 motorised faders, a pan pot, mute/solo switches, a transport section and a couple of other bells and whistles which I've yet to explore. These were my expectations and that's what I got. A lot of other people have been disappointed as they wanted something akin to the huge ProTools controllers at about 10% of the price.

Key thing is which software you plan on using the thing in as support from Tascam is non-existant and from what I hear, they're discontinuing it (or might have already done so). I use it with Sonar PE5 and but it has to run in Mackie Control Unit emulation mode but that apparently limits it's "advanced features" including use of of bank switches (similar to the Mackie) to enable control of up to 192 tracks. However, that's not supported by Sonar or any other software I'm aware of and Tascam haven't developed drivers for any specific applications which is rather pointless really.

At the end of the day, I bought this beast to make recording/mixing music fun and feel more "organic". It's done just that. :loco: