Recommend Me Do: Pickups for an SG

I'm curious as to how the new pickups sound, I'd never heard of that company until I read this. I'll check it out when you put up some clips.

I have EMG's in my SG faded with an 85 in the bridge and not only do they sound great, they look great too. Put's a modern look on a classic guitar.

Muttley said:
After much deliberation I've gone for a set of Bare Knuckle Pickups' Nailbombs, and the SG is in the shop now having them fitted, and also having a refret.

I'll post some clips once I get it back.

Thanks for the pointers guys.

Muttley

yea dude, good choice, those pickups look very high quality and suitable for exactly what you are trying to do, convert a vintage ax into a metal shredder. i did that with an old fender strat but the problem was i hate the neck on that thing! i went out and bought this ibanez: http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBASZ320 and i've been using it for EVERYTHING!!!!! it sounds great out of the box and only cost about $400! worth a shot for anyone who wants a cheap shred machine. the sg's feel and tone didn't even compare to the ibanez when i compared in the store, IMO, dont flame me cus of my opinion! i have been waiting my whole life for this ax.

xmidihcx said:
yea dude, good choice, those pickups look very high quality and suitable for exactly what you are trying to do, convert a vintage ax into a metal shredder. i did that with an old fender strat but the problem was i hate the neck on that thing! i went out and bought this ibanez: http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBASZ320 and i've been using it for EVERYTHING!!!!! it sounds great out of the box and only cost about $400! worth a shot for anyone who wants a cheap shred machine. the sg's feel and tone didn't even compare to the ibanez when i compared in the store, IMO, dont flame me cus of my opinion! i have been waiting my whole life for this ax.

*sets you on fire for you non-elitist opinion*:hotjump: Don't worry, Im using Seymour Duncan Live Wires in my Charvel Model A, probably gonna switch out the pickups in my Charvel Model 6 to some Live Wires, then slap some EMG's in my Jackson SLSMG Soloist. Odd mix yes, but a versitile family.

Should get the SG back in the next week, so I'll do some clips then. It's having a refret as well as new pickups.

I'm also now getting my poor old Charvel Model 4 (with fire-crackle paint job, natch) fixed up with a Bare Knuckle Pickups Miracle Man in the bridge and 2 Trilogy Suite single coils in the mid and neck.

Can't bloody wait to have this beast up and running again as it was killed by years of playing in a punk band ;)

Muttley

did you ever get around to putting in the bareknuckle pickups ?

I'm interested in the mircle man...I've got emg 81/85 professionally installed, yep they are great...but its time for a different sound.

Ah! I've had a Bareknuckle Warpig in my Ibanez RG for around a year now and I've definately sold my soul to it!