Feb 16, 2006
Trondheim, Norway
Last edited by a moderator:
Anything from Nightfall is epic as fuck

more death/doom

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21B8W_yHJHA&feature=related[/ame]

Slugathor's last album was fucking incredible

My internet is really slow right now so I won't go through the hassle of finding videos to embed.

The obvious ones are Swallow The Sun, Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride.

I'm really digging KYPCK at the moment, check them out. I might bump this thread in two months with a bit of self promotion spam :)

Listen to Mar de grises ''Tatterdemalion express'' , my favorite doom album, and also in my top 5 albums ever. Give me shivers everytime.

Mebee not the kinda Doom you're after, but yeah...

Love this record SO TELL ME NOW WHAT ARE YOUR DEEPEST FEARS

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A7tCjh72cw&ob=av2n[/ame]

Esoteric are amazing but you have to be in just the right mood for them as you say its very slow for the most part, and long,

The foreshadowing
This band kick ass, never a growl in between their two albums, all clean vocals but, jesus, he can sing well,

They do a mighty sting cover too :D

nialldoran: The foreshadowing sounds exactly like what I wanted! Great stuff!

ratsapprentice: You always recommend kickass stuff! I own everything by Candlemass of course, but slugathor is completely new to me. sounds wicked though so i will have to check them out more closely.

skinny viking: I've heard of aeternus, but not Solitute Aeternus. I have to check it out.

Hands of despair: I love both Mar de grises and October tide. I'm still on the fence regarding Novembers doom though I've only heard Into nights requiem infernal, and it's ok, but it hasn't grabbed me or anything.

Danny Drama: Big fan of Cathedral, but they're not exactly the kind of doom I'm looking for right now. but it's allways a good thing to link to Cathedral, in case there's someone here who haven't heard anything by them yet. I'm not sure Midnight mountain is the best example of Cathedral though ;)

Narcosintesse: I'm already familiar with Tristania, and while they're not my favorite bad in the doom/gothic genre, they def deserve to be presented in this thread.

Time for me to recommend some bands back:

Ahab - The hunt, from "The Call of the wretched sea".

Tyranny - Passing through Ague, from "Bleak Vistae".

im so happy so many people know the foreshadowing on this forum, havent found a huge amount of appriciation for them out side of me and best friend haha, always thought they were under appreciated

i think both their albums are flawless, some really good recommendations going on in this thread, i need a nice bit of doom coming into winter

not doom, but i dont really listen to "doom metal," more "drone doom" but it has a really doom-y, dark atmosphere so i figured it was worth posting. fucking sweet album, get it

^ I have that disk - it's killer, and I think Pillard was still singing / playing guitar on that one - really cool guy. I also liked The Forsaken Mourning Of Angelic Anguish a lot.

Craig Pillard went out and formed a band called Disciples of Mockery after he left Incantation - was really REALLY good - way better than Incantation, but they only ever released a demo CD.