Recommend me some Doom metal!

I love Onward To Golgotha, I can't profess to have liked anything else I've checked out by them though. After Golgotha it seemed to go all doom/death rather than straight up death metal and there were some weird energies going on that really put me off.

I still need to check out some of their earlier demo's though. I'm sure they're all pretty amazing.
I shall also check out Disciples of Mockery!

Some more death metal that's very doom in terms of its atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
A band you probably didn't expect to see on here.....

but that has to be one of the most intense vocal performances of all time, am i right?

Ras Algethi - Italian Funeral Doom (Thank me later)

Warning - The ultimate in Melancholic Doooooom!! (This is the most depressing song ever made)

I love Onward To Golgotha, I can't profess to have liked anything else I've checked out by them though. After Golgotha it seemed to go all doom/death rather than straight up death metal and there were some weird energies going on that really put me off.

I still need to check out some of their earlier demo's though. I'm sure they're all pretty amazing.
I shall also check out Disciples of Mockery!

Some more death metal that's very doom in terms of its atmosphere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnqCcWaQdu4

Dude - Check this.

Their demo was called "Prelude to Apocalypse" - so sick. His vocals are cool in DoM.

This band has been rocking my world lately. SUPER sludgy. The guitar player does the visuals for Neurosis. Killer tones on this album as well.