recommend me some new(or old music)

sash poask

Mar 24, 2008
so guys enlighten me me of some great music im mmissing on......im looking for something in the vein of sikth, protest the hero, human abstract, recently got in to after the burial

any others you can reccomend

(i am aware of architects, faceless, born of osiris bla bla)

thanks guys

hey man, thanks for the recommendations, can say im overly keen on severe dementia...sounds just like your run of the mill very average death metal, nothing jumped out at me

i think i hear primal fear a while back, they quite power metalish?

bulb, tesseract, meshuggah (just in case you haven't yet..) textures. fredrik thordendals special defects..

if you like after the burial check out veil of maya, they have alot of fuckin awesome melodies and weird riffs to make up for their over-use of breakdowns.

hey man, thanks for the recommendations, can say im overly keen on severe dementia...sounds just like your run of the mill very average death metal, nothing jumped out at me

i think i hear primal fear a while back, they quite power metalish?

Have you checked out Howls of Murshidabad? That track really got them the attention they deserve.

And yeh, try you-tubing "Armageddon" by Primal Fear:heh:

Burst - Lazarus Bird
Burst - Origo

NEVER enough love for this fucking band... and they're badass

never heard sikth before but just listened to them and the few random tracks I listed to reminded me of Faith No More (angel dust and some stuff from king for a day). maybe there's a real musical reason or maybe it was just a random association...anyway...

Angel Dust is always a good one to have in your collection if you don't already

j

Also, on the technical dm tip - I just picked up the faceless (Akeldama and Planetary Duality) and enjoy it quite a bit

Veil of Maya, Veils, Misery Signals, Cyclamen, The Arusha Accord, Fellsilent, Circle of Contempt, War From A Harlots Mouth, Johnny Truant, My Mind's Weapon.

Cyclamen is an ex-student of Pin (guitarist from Sikth) and has actually collaborated on some songs with ex-Sikth members.

Also keep an eye out for Within the Void, its Pin's new project, they're currently recording and on the hunt for a vocalist.

Check out...

Fellsilent
Periphery
Animals As Leaders
Bulb
Johnny Truant
Psyopus
The Number 12 Looks Like You
The Red Chord
War From A Harlots Mouth
Between the buried and me
Beneath The Massacre
The Chariot
Ion Dissonance
Misery Signals
The Fall Of Troy
Ed Gein
Daughters
The Dillinger Escape Plan.

Theres a few for you.

Guys, I think I'm out of metal. I don't know any of those bands. I'm getting old.
Got more than 1.000 vynil and cd, I thought I was an expert in metal...:cry:

I would recommend this bands for you all, my grandsons...
Iron maiden, Judas Priest, Twisted Sister, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Rainbow, Metallica, Megadeth, Accept, Grave Digger, Manowar, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Rage, Blind Guardian...

I would recommend this bands for you all, my grandsons...
Iron maiden, Judas Priest, Twisted Sister, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Rainbow, Metallica, Megadeth, Accept, Grave Digger, Manowar, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Rage, Blind Guardian...

I said "in the vain of sikth, protest the hero, human abstract"

ot the heavy metal armada....

check out through the eyes of a traitor. its an interesting mix, I think.

yeh man got the album, i think machinated did the album (ed?)

thanks for all the suggestions guys, most of the bands i already own and love but a couple i will have to check out, keep them coming :)