Recommend

An unorthodox recommendation: Russian band Aria have often been hailed as their country's 'Maiden - and with good reason. Two classic albums from this band, largely unknown in the West, are 'Playing with fire' (great!) and 'Blood for blood' (also recorded with English lyrics, if I'm not mistaken).
They sing in Russian, but that should be a minor hurdle with so much class to the songs and, of course, a fantastic Dickinson-like singer plus loads of dual leads.:worship:

You'll probably find some of the albums on eBay, but the Russian Federation is notorious for bootleg discs. This reliable German mail order stocks originals of most of the Aria-back catalogue:
www.karthagorecords.de

Another recommendation would be US-metallers Steel Prophet, especially 'Messiah' and 'Dark hallucinations'.

Miles Beyond (US; one album released so far) are also a band that pays tribute to the Maiden legacy.

Me some classic metal, to the likes of Iron Maiden, thanks.

Besides the ones already mentioned (reallly good stuff in there)...

Any NWOBHM band (to mention some):

Angel Witch
Demon (first 4 albums)
Tokyo Blade
Tank
Hammerheart
Fist
Jaguar
Avenger
Rock Goddess
Girlschool
Blitzkrieg
Satan/Pariah
Tytan

Then various bands worldwide (80's up today):

Baron Rojo (ES)
Panzer (ES)
Sortilege (FR)
H-Bomb (FR)
Malediction (FR)
Obsession (HUN)
Wolf (SWE)
Mesmerize (IT)
Hawk (USA)
Gargoyle (USA)
Benedictum (USA)
Astral Doors (DEN)
Force Of Evil (DEN)
Culprit (USA)
Black Knight (CAN)
Sabaton (SWE)
Hermetica (ARG)
V8 (ARG)
Listeria (IT)
Made Of Iron (GRE)
Aska (USA)
Zed Yago (GER)
Majesty (GER)
Heavens Gate (GER; a bit more on the power side)
Goddess Of Desire (NL; very traditional despise the vocals)

What about just regular metal?

That is regular metal :Smug:

BTW, add Metalucifer (JPN), and even if I personally don't like them Tierra Santa (ESP).

NP: Lana Lane - 'The Dream That Never Ends'

Bands listed above are great but definitely check out OMEN if you want well executed metal, similiar to Maiden. :headbang:

Me some classic metal, to the likes of Iron Maiden, thanks.
You need to be more specific, Jordan. Otherwise guys like Wyvern will just throw out this form-list of (mostly) obscure heavy metal bands. :D

By classic metal, do you mean 80s bands only? Or modern stuff sounds like the 80s metal bands? Let us know which bands you're already familiar with (and love) in the area you're interested in.

I am assuming you want '80 metal.

I think Running Wild would be appropriate at this time. Nothing like some Pirate Metal to get you pumped for Pirates of the Caribbean 3, right?

You need to be more specific, Jordan. Otherwise guys like Wyvern will just throw out this form-list of (mostly) obscure heavy metal bands. :D

Indeed. And obscure my ass! (not really since I never tan it), those are great traditional metal bands. What do you expected me to put in? Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy? :p I take for granted the guy knows them :saint:

Old and new (but only those I do own):

Coroner
Abandoned
Xentrix
Heathen
Testament
Imperium
Death Angel
Hallows Eve
Anthrax (old)
Metallica (old)
Megadeth (old)
Zoetrope
Flotsam And Jetsam
Forbidden
Anacrusis
Znowhite
Intruder
Hirax
Toxik
Atrophy
Darkness
Kreator
Dark Angel
Horcas (ARG)

Between speed/thrash:

Abattoir
Exciter
Suicidal Tendencies (old)
Metal Church

And some I know and worth check at MySpace:

Headless Cross
Savage Messiah
Enforcer
Psychosis

And also some oop jewels:

Acid
Stos
Attomica
Death Row
Sylence
Witchammer (NOR)
Anihilated
Savage Steel
Maninnya Blade
Hexenhaus

NP: Tuatha De Danann - De Danann's Voice

Well...... there is only one Maiden. Just get "Metal Heart" by Accept. They sound nothing like Maiden, but it is great classic metal played the way metal is supposed to be played.

Bryant

Indeed. And obscure my ass! (not really since I never tan it), those are great traditional metal bands. What do you expected me to put in? Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy? :p I take for granted the guy knows them :saint:

Old and new (but only those I do own):

Coroner
Abandoned
Xentrix
Heathen
Testament
Imperium
Death Angel
Hallows Eve
Anthrax (old)
Metallica (old)
Megadeth (old)
Zoetrope
Flotsam And Jetsam
Forbidden
Anacrusis
Znowhite
Intruder
Hirax
Toxik
Atrophy
Darkness
Kreator
Dark Angel
Horcas (ARG)

Between speed/thrash:

Abattoir
Exciter
Suicidal Tendencies (old)
Metal Church

And some I know and worth check at MySpace:

Headless Cross
Savage Messiah
Enforcer
Psychosis

And also some oop jewels:

Acid
Stos
Attomica
Death Row
Sylence
Witchammer (NOR)
Anihilated
Savage Steel
Maninnya Blade
Hexenhaus

Ah, great list. Witchhammer, Horcas, now you're talking! Just add Realm, Taunted, Eden's Fall, Ballistic and Beyond Fallen (all US bands) to the thrash section and there's smiles all around.:cool:

Ah, great list. Witchhammer, Horcas, now you're talking! Just add Realm, Taunted, Eden's Fall, Ballistic and Beyond Fallen (all US bands) to the thrash section and there's smiles all around.:cool:

I need the Witchammer CD but so far it's only available in their website. Didn't like Realm and Ballistic, I may have to re-listen. The rest are unknown to me, thanks for the hint ;)

NP: Satanic Rites - 'Law Of The Land'