Recommendation: Crimson Moonlight - Veil of Remembrance

"pedestrian and forgettable" is the dictionary definition of "christian metal"*, i dont know why anyone is surprised

* in addition to "gay and lying"

Fully agree with Nad and co about the drum triggers, although the drummer is a fuckin' speed demon by the sounds of things... I'd be interested to hear a track by Crimson Moonlight where they take their foot off the gas a bit - I imagine a full album of this would just blur into one whole wall of noise, after a while. Not bad though...

6.5/10 from me.

Huh, I'm surprised this got so many responses. This is one of the bands that has the talent to get broader recognition though.

This album does seem to be pretty well regarded: https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Crimson_Moonlight/Veil_of_Remembrance/65756/. I enjoy it, but it does tend to run together some for me. I think their more recent album Divine Darkness (which continues with the same formula) has better songwriting with more tempo changes.

I tend to prefer their earlier symphonic material but I'm in the minority there. I've just always been a sucker for the style since I first heard Stormblast.