Recommendation: Crimson Moonlight - Veil of Remembrance

circus_brimstone

Forest: Sold Out
Jul 5, 2003
Indiana
cover_rrcd022.jpg

Sample: http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YVBOODNK48TC0E50NEST7MADD

Description: Yeah, they’re Christians, but this black/death troupe is worth hearing anyway. “Painful Mind Contradictions,” the sample above, isn’t the most cohesive song found on Veil of Remembrance, though it features all the elements you’ll find on the record.

some cool lead guitar stuff toward the end, but overall it's just perfectly adequate stuff that i'll never listen to again (although on second listen i'm nodding my head a bit). i'm growing really tired drum triggers, might as well just use a drum machine for this 800 mph CLIKthumpCLIKthumpCLIKthumpCLIKthump crap, sounds the same without the hassle of all the gear.

Pretty ok , I'm with NAD for the drums. I will listen to it again later of course :D

I don't have a big problem with the drums. The vocals, however, are a bit too Donald Duck-ish for my liking. Nevertheless, this is decent - nothing, more nothing less. I prefer the thrashier parts to the blasting attack parts, as they seem to flow better.

Score: 6/10

The drums don't bother me either, I heard much much more annoying, here they do blend satisfactorily with the remaining artillery. Otherwise a tight and interesting band, I'd like to hear them doing more than the "fast forward" approach.

I also have this album, and it seems a little like early Cradle of Filth combined with a touch of later Emperor.

Circum Rimbone has a review and interview with them at UM. He can post those threads if you can't find them. I liked the interview a lot.

Yeah, this like... okay... I didn't really see the point, though, since they didn't really seem to have anything new or interesting to offer at all.

5/10

Nate The Great said:
WMA is actually a slightly better quality than mp3. At least that's what I read at CNET. Everything I have is WMA.

WMA blows. There's no difference in quality at 192kbs, at least not one I personally can discern.

I only bitch b/c my iPod can't play WMA files. :D

MadeInNewJersey said:
WMA blows. There's no difference in quality at 192kbs, at least not one I personally can discern.

I only bitch b/c my iPod can't play WMA files. :D

That's what you get for being trendy.

Go back to listening to the latest Agony Scene album.:loco:

Nate The Great said:
That's funny because I'm listening to Slough Feg's 'I Will Kill You/You Will Die'.

Great song! WMA is easiest for me, since I'm low-tech and don't know how to do anything else. At any rate, glad some people are checking CM out.

:wave:

good production ... but for casual listening this is way too pedestrian and forgetable